23 March 2006

Random Challenge

Challenge:

Beautiful Books
from BonnieRose.


1. What is the most beautiful book you own? I was kind of worried about this challenge forcing me into a mental block because I have so many books..... BUT..... At the risk of sounding all religous and things... my Women of Faith Bible.



2. In what way is it beautiful? Is it the illustrations, the binding, a combination of these, or something else? When I rededicated my life back to God (after Ro was born) I had this unquechable desire to read and understand the bible. I couldn't quite get a bible to FEEL right in my hands. I wanted something I could curl up with and absorb. I finally found this GREAT paper back Women of Faith bible. It's tattered and torn, but contains many notes from my studies, just plain reading and meditaton thoughts and several commentaries that I find refreshing about plain ole ordinary women in the bible. It is something that I hope to pass on to my girls. It will give them GREAT insight into my spiritual walk, struggles, praises, prayers and victories.... It is my life as a christian to them when I am gone.... Something for them to carry on the tradition with to their children... curling up with the bible....

3. How often do you look at it, browse through it, read it? I try every day to curl up with it... That is what makes it so beautiful (other than the obvious - The Word of God)...... it fits me...


Thanks BonnieRose for reminding my what my favorite book was!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Lovely entry....and the bible looks great.....yours sounds as cherised and as used as mine!!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Blessed Ladybug said...

sound like a very nice book, can that be found at B&N.... I have to pick that up!....

6:54 AM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

loved what u shared... sounds like a great one to curl up to.... i've never read that one.... hugs,

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that same Bible!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home