19 March 2006

Collections......

Today's challenge is all about COLLECTIONS.

What do you collect?



I collect Books. I can never have too many books! Can anyone have too many books? Do I display them? YES! All over my house. They sit on window sills in my living room, on shelves in my scraproom and living room. They are in various areas of the house upright, horizontal and diagonal.

Occasionally I go through the house and thin my collection out... but for the most part - they are mine for life.

My girls have their own book collection going... and I NEED to thin them out....

The other thing I collect is anything I am passionate about.....

Scrapbooking - I can't have enough paper.... I see it, I like it, I buy it.
Stamping - gotta have all the stamps... just gotta. Then there are the different inks.....

Now I am addicted to knitting........ I don't even want to think about it.....

I don't really collect "items" persay.... I try to simplfy my life.... like having a book collection, scrapbooking room that is over flowing and now a knitting basket AND bag filled.....

I need therapy!

I need to go home actually.... just two more hours.. I'll be in bed.... reading myself to sleep.....

Big Sigh.......

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

lol. Just think this is cheaper than therapy right!?

The yarn thing will get you later on! I bought some before where it's about 100 dollars for just 113 yards! Yikes. It was so pretty I just couldn't resist. I end up not finishing the piece. Whaaa

Michlele

1:20 AM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

oh Bonnie, u sound so like me in so many ways. Books, yes that's me too. Funky socks.. yeap.. I have a drawer full.. especially the really softie ones.... Sb supplies and paper, well duh! I'm planning on going to a used bookstore later today to just browse.. plan on taking my camera for some pics.. this place is so unique.. floor to ceiling used books.. some 100s of years old... a paradise for u and me....
U have a good day!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you thin your book collection? there's no way. I can't even make myself get rid of the children's books that are never read. if you want to feel better about your books, go to Library thing.com - You'll find someone with LOTS more books than you.

6:08 AM  
Blogger stefani said...

I don't really have anything I collect either. I really am stuck on SB paper and yarn! Even had to get a 2nd bedroom just for my "collections".

3:13 PM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

hmmmm....have any good book suggestions????? trying to take some on the plane....

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home