17 March 2006

Must Love Dogs

Impromtu Movie Night

My girls were having a major hormonal attacks last night. If you looked at Rowan the wrong way (and only she knew the wrong way) you were subjected to her red haired temper and tears. If you even mentioned the fact I am working the weekend (which I always work) to Natalie she broke down into convulsions and tears. At one point Rowan was naked in the dining room, tears of crocidiles streaming down her face screaming "You hate me don't you." (I have no idea if I blinked, sniffed, breathed or sat wrong.) I had to cancel my "prayer" night with my friend at Dunkin donuts. Annoyed I was - but my girls needed me. Nat and I sat on the couch while she "knitted" squares for the school afghan that is going on auction next week (proud mom that her teacher asked her to make extra sqaures). Rowan took a long bath, premedicated with Tylenol and several hugging moments. Then with Nat tucked away and Rowan curled up on the couch with me..... Impromtu Movie night started.....


My hubby and I got this in the mail yesterday from Netflix.



We tried to watch it last night. I fell asleep with Rowan on the couch. My hubby watched it (without me). I pretended I watched it. Shhhhhh don't tell him. I watched it today while scrapbooking and cleaning.....

What a fabulous movie. I think I will have to own this movie. It was so cute. I am a sucker for John Cusack movies - BUT I wasn't thrilled about this one. The title, the trailers, the cast - all looked stupid to me... Christopher Plummer is still one handsome man. Diane Lane surprised me. Dylan McDermont was quite the slouch - played a great role. It was all grand. So romantic. I even teared up in the end. Kinda "When Sally Met Harry" -v- "Say Anything."

Gotta rent it and watch it.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

we saw this movie in the theater.. ur right.. it is cute...
but hubby and I were still disappointed.. we just found the characters in the movie didn't have a very strong personality... not a very strong plot either... but all in all, easy tv watching. romantic, yes. Glad you liked it!!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home