26 February 2006

Reality TV shows!

(((Monday random challenge)))
Which reality show would you be on?
How do you think you would do in
the competition?
Fear factor(daredevil), Project
Runway (relays on talents), Apprentice (business savvy), Rock star INXS (singing
as a rocker), American Idol (pop acts), and many more?
"For me, it would definitely be a show like Project Runway.
For some reason I work well under pressure.
Actually I enjoy it quite often. It motivates me when the clock is ticking. LOL. Work/school/life. I definitely love the show!"
(you have to go to Michelle's blog to see the rest....)



OKAY - funny story about this.... So my daughters and I squished in some quality time this weekend inbetween my shifts. I watched this show with them. I never knew it existed (I don't get to watch alot of tv - really I do not. It's late nite or nothing). Project Runway apparently is my daughters' FAVORITE show. They know the judges, the designers, the outfits and the challenges. They boo the judges and cheer the judges based on their decisions. They clap when a designer unveils a great outfit. They are fanatic about this show. So I read today's challenge and Michelle's blog and I am DYING...... My girls would love you Michelle!!!!

Okay - on to the challenge. I would make up my own reality show (is that allowed Michelle). (I would love to do a reality show on being an ER nurse - but that is for another post.) I would do a reality show on Scrapbooking (whatelse? Duh!). A group of scrapbooking "people" would get together. We would have celeb scrapbooking gurus as the judges. Each week is a layout challenge starting with pictures and ending in a layout/album/wall art/etc of their whimsy. I would be one of the designer that would probably get kicked out relatively first - but to have the opportunity to be on there would be a blast. Could you imagine the ideas you would get from just one week of imersion in that culture? Of course you would have a budget for what you could spend on each challenge - and money left over would count towards you. Blowing the entire budget is bad bad bad. The first week not so bad, but subsequent weeks - you blow the budget - shame shame. If you are utilizing scraps, being inventive with embellishments and adding your own personal FLARE on the design - BONUS points!!! People who push the envelope get bonus points and people who keep it simple but definitely "stated" get bonus points. It would look alot like Project Runway - Have to have a trendy scrapbooky name though.... any ideas?????

The reason I took the challenge in this direction???? I do not get to watch alot of tv. Reality shows do not tempt me. The thought of people getting up in front of a panel of judges - being COMPARED to others and RIPPED apart makes me feel ill inside. The Trump show is about the only one I have really watched because it usually comes on before ER (right??? ER or Law and Order - one of those NBC shows). I want to just slap trump every time - and usually the person he fires because they are equally obnoxious. Project Runway seemed rather tame and the designers seemed somewhat likeable. The fact the girls loved it - made it more endearable. American Idol - YUK - Simon is annoying. I can't sing, I can't dance, I can be a daredevil but getting older makes the bones easier to break... so that one is out.....

So there you have it - it's time for a scrapbooking reality show - (need a trendy catchy name here) - and I would definitely try out to be one of the participants. That would just be so much fun!!!!!!

I can't wait to read everyone elses response......

5 Comments:

Blogger tracie said...

What a crazy idea. I would love to be on that show. I would be torn apart each episode for illegal use of the glue dots, primas and my favourite the hot glue gun would probably get me disqualified for not bein acid free friendly..LOL.

have a great day
tracie

12:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

LOL. Thanks for the shout out (geez, I'm too old to say that!).

I know, your girls would love me. I have that effect on kids. They think I'm cool or something. Which couldn't be further from the truth. Did your girls watch the show last season. Oh I can't stand Wendy Pepper!!! Tell them I say hi.

Your hubby drop by and say hi on my blog. I can't believe he works in a scrapbooking stores. He is too cool!

I will go to your show and end up losing because I blow the budget and end up crying or something. LOL. I'll be the crazy one that no one wants to sit next to because "she seems unstable".

Michelle

1:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That show would be an EXCELLENT substitution for DIY's Scrapbooking! What a great show! BUT - the key to making it watchable and not cheesy would be to have so scrapbooking celebrities w/ an "edge" - not the nicey-nice ones. Heidi Swapp, Stephanie McAtee and Tara Whitney would all be AWESOME judges...Cathy Z would be hilarious. I think that could be an AMAZING show.

BTW - Project Runway is the BEST! I ***heart*** Daniel V!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the idea. Now lets call Lisa B, Heidi Swapp, Becky Higgins, Stacy Julian, Faye Morrow Bell, and each week we would have a different garden girl as a guest judge....wohooo.. I got a name for it SCRAPBOOK IDOL...

Dana

10:11 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Or how about Project Scrap or Project scrapbook?? I wanna be on it too!!! Although, it would be interesting to see what would happen. I have multiple personalities and different things brings a certain side out - funny and obnoxious or passive. Either way, I think I'd get the boot pretty early!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home