24 February 2006

Fun Fact Friday

****Fun Fact Friday*****

from Burberrygirl


Because I am such a night owl and always have been my TV and Movie tastes were shaped by late night television. When I was eight years old my parents bought me a black and white television for my room. Little did they know I would hop outta bed at 0100 to watch whatever was on. What was usually on - at that time - were old old old movies (which are even older now). You know - Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, Spencer Tracey, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn... I didn't know who they were at that age but I sure did fall in love with their movies. To this day I would almost rather watch a old movie than a new one released this year.

As I grew older, went off to college, got married and had children (wooooah... slow down that was way to fast forward for this early in the morning....) my late night addiction never ended. TV changed to cheesy late night television series that never made it to prime time on the networks. Today - these shows would be on WB, Fox, FX, USA, TNT.... Not that that is bad - believe me I am a card carrying member of these shows. Shows like "Forever Knight", "StarGate" (before it was picked up by SciFi), "Lost World", "Friday the 13th", "Poltergiest".... you get the picture. I'm a TV/Movie Nerd - or freak if you prefer!

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

LOL...you DO like TV! I LOVE your banner!!!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I wish I had more time to watch TV!! I love your new banner!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

I completely get this! My room was on the other side of the house from everyone else's and I was always up at strange hours watching strange shows! Outer Limits, anyone? Thanks for sharing!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

oh I'm a major tv nut too! I love all those old movies (hence the title of my blog). Now a days everything is about showing off the skin, etc. Most of movies I've watch is sorta disappointing. I just love the old movies where love really actually matters and comedys were actually funny. LOL

Michelle

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kristal said...

Love Jimmy Stewart!! Did you ever see him on Johnny Carson? He always made me smile. Thanks for the fun fact~can't wait till next week :0)

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home