20 February 2006

Random thoughts on Monday

Looking forward to what the normal world considers the "rest of the week" (and whar for me is the end of my week persay).........

I am working days tomorrow (the big 0700) and lamenting on what crazy insane thought I had when I signed up for th OT place on the schedule.

I am then off to accompany my lil Rowan to her Kindegarten Interview. Let me preface this by saying that we put our kids in PUBLIC school. Not because we don't believe in Private Schools Nat was in a private school in Michigan. The Public school near our place is AWESOME. But I am a lil hung up on this whole INTERVIEW for KINDEGARTEN. She has a spot - what WHAT I ask you is she interviewing for? I am just not into interviewing for a spot in school at age FIVE!

Then - I have a 11P to 11 A shift (yes you read it right - PM to AM.) Again - what kinda of brain fart was I having signing up for that?

Then I have a 11A to 11P shift that was prescheduled and back to 7P to 7A shift x 3....

I think I have like a week off after this.... for personal reasons.... something happens the first week in March that I keep a very close secret. Top Secret!

On Lori's blog an interesting subject was brought up on friends. I had friends in high school to college. Some friends dropped away from highschool to college - but some friends lasted thru college. College to real life - again a few dropped away but picked up a few more. Then you get married..... Many friends fade away few friends are made. Then you have kids..... What few friends you have fade away and even fewer friends are made. WE have acquaintances - but no real deep friendships. To be honest - if we had friends (we do have some friends) we wouldn't have alot of time to do things with them. So - is it the fact that we have our own lil world encapsulated in our family with an occasional glimpse with others or is it because we have become such a busy society that friendships are hard to make and/or maintain? I know personally - I lack trust in others and forming personal relationships are hard. I would be interested in other's thoughts on this....

Okay - I have to set my daughters up in their baths. They have more bath products than I have makeup..... I live vicariously through them. I would love to take a relaxing bath - but I NEVER have the time to relax.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

I saw Lori's blog too and was a little sadden by it. Like you said we really don't have that much time to have those friends we once had. It's sad...

Michelle

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home