17 February 2006

Random Challenge from 2Peas

Random challenge for Friday
-
List some fun facts about yourself.



Random facts about me..... Can't give it all away if I am going to list random facts every Friday you know.... I am not that interesting of a person...

  • I have a tatoo... I love my tatoo. If you talk to my daughters they will tell you it is on my butte' BUT IT'S NOT. It's on my lumbosacral area. It's Asian symbols for Faith and Love.
  • I grew up in Daytona Beach and spent College Spring Break Season of my Senior year skipping 4,5,6 period because I was on the beach playing volleyball. (My HS was on the beachside....)
  • I am deathly afraid of needles. I went through 27 and 36 hours of labor naturally to avoid an IV. I tell kids that I poke for IV's that they have to hold me down to put IV's in me.

Okay that is my random facts for today..... can't wait to read everyone elses....

DISCLAIMER edit..... YES YES YES - I am deathly afraid of needles. It's a major ordeal to get an IV in me (really it is). The Tattoo - I didn't breathe through. The poor guy doing it would do a bit (I would hear wheeeeeeeeee) and then he would say - "Breathe... deep breaths" and then I would hear Wheee wheee wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. He would then say "breathe..... deep breaths please." So - the tattoo was an ordeal and I want to go back and get "grace and Mercy" in asian on my r shoulder. That was 18 months ago.... still no tattoo. (Big Shameful Grin).

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

LOL. Skipping classes and getting tattoos! tisk tisk tisk, you are a bad... girl.

The needle thing I can understand. I'm terrified of it still.

Michelle

2:17 AM  
Blogger toners said...

I'm not a huge fan of needles but would go through that over natural labor any day! LOL

6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you are so brave, a tatoo! Dana

6:32 AM  
Blogger justem said...

I am phobic of needles, too. It's not just that "I don't like them..." I really freak out. I had to have two friends hold my hand in college when I got a flu shot. The doctor thought I was nuts. I scream if I see them in use on tv and cringe if I see a picture. Ick. I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Tamika said...

A tatoo, I am so jealous. I have thought about it but the idea that it is permanent freaks me out. Plus my mother truly put the fear of God in me about it, so much so I am afraid to have one when I join her in heaven :). I have to think ....what are interesting random facts about me?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

These are fun! Similar to me, I have a tatoo and skipped out of my fair share of classes too!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You're afraid of needles, so much to go through natural labor? Wow! :) But you have a tattoo? I'm confused.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

Me too I'm scared of needle, cant stand it.
I did the challenge 2 on my blog

Maggie

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted a tatoo but I could never make up my mind. This is my first post to a blog!
Yvette

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home