18 February 2006

SB Journaling Challenge 2/18

Blog Challenge: Your Most Embarassing Moment.

Do you have one? When did it happen?
What were the circumstances?
Journal your heart out and make a fun 'embarassingly funny' layout all about
YOUR MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT.

from BonnieRose


Most embarassingly moment.... there have been several (LOL)!!! I have to chose the most? It depends on the context you know....

Scanning my memory banks the most embarrassing moment (which this nurse and I were just talking about prior to this challenge) was after I had my second child. Now key words would be - first I am a Nurse, second I use to work OB as an OB tech and, third - IT WAS MY SECOND child..... The things they don't tell you about childbirth and beyond.....

After the birth of my second child, I was in the hospital for an extra day (social admission really) because I had a 36+ hour labor and my midwife wanted to make sure that I was "refreshed" before going home (are you ever really refreshed until the first year?). In the morning of the day I was to go home the nurse wanted to know if I wanted to take a shower she would set me up. I wheeled the lil bassinette in the bathroom so I could have Ro next to me (which was about the only time that child saw the bassinette - she usually slept in the bed with me.) The Nurse kindly offered to watch her so I could RELAX in the shower. So - here I am in the shower, (mind you I just nursed prior to getting up) and I felt like I was in labor again.... Long story short (you women who have had children and nursed know what I mean so I won't gore you with the details) I pulled the emergency call button freaking out - the nurses come running and here I am naked (as I should be in the shower) pointing at the alien (you women know what I am talking about) that is in my shower..... (did I mention this was my SECOND child and I AM A NURSE)

I had to be reassured that I was fine, that was all normal especially since I slept in bed all night and cohabitated with my girl - nursing on demand things pool....

That would have to be my most embarrassing moment I can think of on the fly.....

Really it was..... Color me red!!!!!
(no pun intended....)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

LOL. Isn't it nice you could say all these things on your blog and don't worry if someone is staring...

Michelle

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home