19 February 2006

Therapeutic Laugh

Okay - so while I normally have a crazy screwed up off the wall back and forth never know if I am waking up or going to sleep at 0700 schedule - for some reason this five day stretch is killing me. I don't know if it's because I am heading into an equally distressing schedule this week or not....

I was surfing some blogs when I woke up this afternoon because it was a mindless thing to do. I am so BLAH I couldn't even sit at my scrapbooking table. Fortunately though - my hubby as at his FIRST Crop party (he would kill me if he know I was advertising this to everyone.)

I came across Embarassing Moment #453,002,345 from Scrapisms. It is so worth the read especially if you are a NEW mom! I can so relate to this story....

Actually - I have gotten to surf some really hillarious blogs in the last week or so by participating in the challenges that BurberryGirl and BonnieRose have set up. I am still amazed at how the blog web is weaved from one blogger to another. Thanks to BonnieRose that is no longer a issue as I am half way through this book she recommended on her blog a few weeks ago. It's pretty interesting.... I would recommend it - but I had to order it online. NO WHERE to be found in all of Chicago.... (believe me I looked).

Another interesting random fact... every since I got back from India I have tried to trade Dunkin Donut coffee (which but the way is pretty darn good - and always fresh) for the Green Crack House on ten different corners around me (I know there is not even a close trade on that one). I have been putting the money I would normally spend on the Starbucks trip in a lil piggy bank (okay it's a ziplock bag already). So for instance - Starbuck trip is $4.88 but I went to DD and got a French Vanilla coffee for $1.68. So $3.22 would go in the plastic bag. I am saving this for a whole month. There are particular reasons why I would do this... number one reason would be to funnel that excessive spending into my monthly tithe to an organization in India. What I have found - the bag is filling up with money - BUT I am drinking three and four coffee's from DD a day because they are so much cheaper..... Is this computing to anyone else??????? I am spending more than if I just went to the local green crack house on the corner?????

Okay - I have to get ready for work... coralle my wild children (there is no school tomorrow......egads) and head out to meet the hubby (who did I mention - is at a crop of his own??????) after I head over to DD to get that cup of java to jump start me at work........

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

LOL. If you are drinking from from DD then it shouldn't count!

Have fun on your days off.

Michelle

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home