15 February 2006

SB Journaling Blog Challenge 2.15.06

List your immediate family members and share what you admire most in them, young and old.

These people can be in your immediate family if you are married and have a family of your own, or these people could be part of the bigger family YOU are a part of.

Journal about what makes each family member special. The things you admire most in them.

from BonnieRose......


First of all I admire my husband..... he is strong, sensitive, calm, even tempered, slow to react but quick to mend. He is as steadfast as they come. He puts up with me doesn't he.... (big shy grin....) He is a GREAT father figure to my girls. A great male figure for them to look up to. If they grew up to look for men like my hubby - they wouldn't do too bad for spouses....

I admire my oldest daughter. She is beautiful, courageous but sensitive. She is eloquent with a great fashion sense. When I have to get dressed up to go somewhere important (interview, teaching a class, in a class, at an awards ceremony...) we have this discussion. It starts out by me saying "well Hillary (as in Duff), the deal is I am being interviewed. It's in the morning and I want to convey POWER but Balance." Then she responds by openning up my closet and pulling out clothing options she thinks will convey that message. (She got this from Cheaper by the Dozen - but BUT - she is AWESOME at it.) She has such a HUGE heart for others. She has a servants mentality. she loves to accompany dad to Food and Friends and help out in the Clothes Closet. She has conveyed to me - in our snuggle moments - that she wants to be a missionary someday - and I believe she will be.

I admire my youngest daughter (I have two kids... so this statement is funny....) She is a free spirit. Nothing phases her. In the face of fear, anger, upset and turmoil she just laughs. She finds the good in everything. She is fiesty and stubborn but willing to give in for the greater good. she is full out 100% sold out for God and doesn't care who knows it. I wish I had her spirit.....

My inlaw are awesome. They raised four boys - including my husband (that alone should grant them sainthood). They are so full of love and understanding. Their love is unconditional. They are AWESOME grandparents. They never forget a birthday, anniversary, minor holiday, hallmark holiday or random ordinary day with my girls. They make my girls feel very special and have a relationship with them I wish I had had with my grandparents.

Those are the people I admire most and strive to be more like. I tend to live vicariously through my girls and draw strength from my hubby.... without them I would be lost!!!!

Thanks BonnieRose for this challenge! This will be an awesome page in my album!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

You did such a wonderful job descibing it! I think it would so wonderful for your kids to read later on.

Michelle

10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your family sounds wonderful. You are lucky to have them and they are even more luckier to have you.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home