22 October 2005

I'm Back.......

Nope..... I didn't fall off the face of the earth - I have just been SUPER busy. The last entry on my blog was just before another six day stretch at work. I think (dare I utter this) I am getting too old for nights and 12 hours (at least in a row). It takes AT LEAST a day to recover and even when I attempt to be productive - I am not.

Then - we packed up (literally like hours before we left - hence why we left Nat's bathing suit, Norm's cell phone charger, DIGITAL CAMERA and many other things we did fine without......) and went to Indianapolis for this.......


HILLSONGnJMM, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

I am actually kind of glad we packed and left at the last minute. There was no stress, no worries, no preparation, no grandious expectations of the trip - we were actually free to be US and recieve!!!!

What an A(o)wesome (in aussie venacular) time we had. All four of us went. The girls had a BLAST. Hillsong and Darlene Zscech led worship as well as three teachings by Joyce and two by Brian Houston (love Hillsong!!)

The girls were up by the stage at all the worship times hands in the air, worshiping and praising. It was so good to see this kind of hunger in kids their age. There were alot of kids there doing the same thing!!!!! I really saw Nat loosing up in her praising - allowing herself to be FREE and more intimate with God. She definitely had a change over the weekend.

The preaching was a(o)wesome and many times a SMACK upside the head!!!! The theme - psuedo theme - was that we are a CHILD of God and he has given us what is in our hand (our gifts and talents) to use with what he puts in our heart (passion, desires, purpose) to fulfill his destiny (our purpose on earth). Together with Joyces preaching on Attitudes and Change - it all came together nicely! (hence the title song on my video list....)

We met this wonderful couple from Ohio - actually we kept bumping into them. They stayed at the same hotel we did and some how - ended up sitting next to us during all the sessions. I think it was God's way of hooking us up! (He is so good!!!!) After a little visiting - Michelle is attending the Women's Conference in Sept 06' (so are Nat and I) and we are going to hook up!!! (Remember EVERYONE - I have a couple of extra tickets - hoping to bring you with!!!)

Norm and her husband - Dave - hit it off as well - which I see as a PLUS PLUS for Norm.

Michelle and Dave - if you are reading (and I hope you got the link on my email) - it was such a GREAT blessing to meet you guys at the conference!!!!!!

All in all - it was an A(o)WESOME weekend and I feel VERY refreshed. I have had five NIGHTS off and am on a complete day time routine. I actually LIKE it (shhhhhh don't tell my hubby - he wants me off of nights in a bad way!) I think the conference was particularly bonding for the three of us (Nat, Ro and I). That was my purpose in going - to immerse them in a spiritual atmosphere. I pray daily for them in the secular world they live. I already see Natalie facing the stress and pressure of "not thin enough", "not smart enough", "not pretty enough", "not cool enough", "not in the IN crowd....." It was so A(o)wesome seeing her respond to postive role models like Darlene Zscech. she hung on every word Darlene preached during prasie and worship and actually soaked up alot of Joyce (and Pastor Brian.) I CAN'T WAIT for Sept 06' when Nat and I are THERE - together - and her another year older.

I hope to post pictures soon (gotta get some film developed..... broke down and bought a disposable camera). Now, I have to finish sorting the laundry, working on Nat's Party stuff for tomorrow and curling up with one of my new books! Rowan - she has already broken into some of my teaching tapes. She said - "I want to hear more of Joyce mom.... she tells it like it is." (her words... honest!!!!)

2 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

okay so i was getting worried about you... that you hadn't posted anything nor did i hear from you... anyways, glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.... i'm jealous.. all i do here in NC is work... no fun these days... and yes count on me for one of those tickets for Sept 06.... just tell me the exact when and details.... talk to you soon...e

9:26 AM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

glad to see you back!!!!
it sounds like you all had a fabulous time at the concert! :)

hope you are having a good week!!!!!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home