12 October 2005

Food for thought

A few days ago a fellow (awesome) blogger Joy posted about food. It got me to thinking about food cravings when I was pregnant and the different personalities my children now exhibit. I had journaled in my "hard bound" journal about it and had to post it.


Sensitive Natalie originally uploaded by Freakrn.



When I was pregnant with Natalie I was sick as a dog for the first like 22 weeks - LITERALLY sick. I couldn't even see the beginning of a commercial for food without running to the bathroom. I made the mistake of giving into a craving of jalepino poppers one night and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom. I had a few ER visits for hydration in the early weeks as well. To this day (Nat is eight years old) I can't even look at jalepino poppers on a menu. Her personality - She is very sensitive(in a good way) and is hurt easily. Her and I butt heads alot - just because of our personalities. When she is upset, worried, nervous, concerned, aware - her stomach hurts. While she loves exotic food choices (Sushi, Chineese, Seafood, Thai...) she is very wary - as was I when I was pregnant with her. I was wary of any food.


Spicy Rowan, originally uploaded by Freakrn.


When I was pregnant with Rowan - I would see/think food and crave it. I would eat anything - and the spicier (is that a word) the better. It was nothing for me to sit and devour a jar of garlic roasted chipotle salsa from Whole Foods on just a few chips. Chilli - tons of garlic and spicies almost on a daily basis. I wouldn't hesitate to try anything - especially if it was spicy. Rowan is much like this in personality. Whatever happens happens. She is never afraid to try something and her temperment is very "spicy." Kinda goes with that red hair of hers! She loves spicy food now and as long as she see's us eating it - she'll eat it. Her and I get along like two peas in a pod with little issues.

I'm sure there is no link to what I craved and their personalities now - it just made a good journaling prompt.....

************************************************************
On another note - my friend Em! Has a brand new blog and needs IDEAS.


Em, originally uploaded by Freakrn.


Sorry - em - found this picture when trying to clean out files last night..... Remember when??????????????

I told her to just start journaling about things - and start surfing the blogs to see what others are doing..... So - if you have an internet sec - check out her blog and say hey!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

can i tell you that you suck.. but actually this is not a half bad photo of me...:)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home