01 October 2005

AWESOME

AWESOME




is the only word that I can think of that even comes clost to describing the last four days!!!!!!!!!

God is Awesome
God is Good
God is Amazing
God is Big
God is Unbelievable
God is Love




There is Joyce!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.





I have spent the last four days in St Louis at the Joyce Meyer Women's Conference - and let me tell you - I am so thankful that I made myself go!!!! Every year (for the past three) I have been registered, pre-registered the last two) and as the dates loom closer and closer I get this shroud of "I can't go, I am too busy, too tired, too emotionally drained, too WHATEVER....." This year same..... BUT this year really amazed me......
I can't explain why, I can't understand what happened and can't articulate well how I feel - I just know that I am different.
I am FREE



View from the floor!!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.





Sounds funny when I say it - but this conference exceeded all expectations, all boundaries and all insecurities. FREEDOM was the theme. But it goes farther than that.


CeCe Winans!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.




Creflo Dollar was AWESOME. Christine Caine - AWESOME as her cute self always is. Joyce was ON FIRE the last three sessions she taught.... but that's not it either. Alot of the things that were preached I've heard before... but that's not it either. The worship music was unbelievably moving. (They did sing a U2 song..... and Chris Caine quoted Bono.....) CeCe Winans was so inspiring.... but again - it's not that either. A combination - maybe.....



No - I think that God is an Awesome God and meets us right where we are at. It's all on God's timing - not ours. The desert is where God needs to get Egypt out of us - and I was missing that. I was missing that the desert is where he had placed me. True - I was circling that mountain of my own free will - but he put me there for a reason. When that lightbulb finally flickered on in my stubborn red head - he was right there to meet me.



Healing Rain!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.





At the end of the session today (the final session) they let loose a zillion ballons and confetti. I was sitting on the floor and was bathed in this glorious sight. It was unbelievable. It felt so refreshing and freeing (is that a word?) The aisles were stacked up to the chair tops with balloons. We were waist high in balloons. People started grabbing balloons and holding them as pompoms singing "I'm free to dance, free to sing, free to live live live...."



Pom Poms!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.




When everyone was leaving the balloons were popping from people sitting, walking and just plain standing near them (there were a TON of balloons.) It sounded like fireworks inside the Edwards Jones Dome.....

I had to share. I am exhausted - but so glad I came!

Sorry about the lack of professionalism on the photos. I had the camera phone - Norm had the camera. The girls went to the St Louis Cardinals Game as well as a few museums and sites while I was at the conference. So.... the quality is alot to be desired - but I got pictures which is all that matters!!!!!!!!

Good News - I have FOUR pre-registered tickets for NEXT YEARS CONFERENCE!!!!! No excuses - Nat and I are going (she wants to come!!!) and I have two left over for anyone who wants to meet me in St Louis. We can share a room!!!!! All you gotta do is GET THERE! (Shelia, Emily, Renee.......) I'm telling you - you have to come next year. Lisa Bevere and Darlene Czesch will be there as well!!!!!

Okay - now I have to go RELAX and TAKE IN!!!!!!!!!

God is GOOD!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, God is awesom....I'm so glad you got the be ministered to by Joyce Meyers.....
And are FEE.....

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I really butchered the spelling on my last comment....
I meant to say God is Awesome and glad you are FREE
Anyway, I saw your post on my blog about praying for Katy's NCLEX exam...thanks for praying!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home