20 September 2005

Our first official laceration


Our first official laceration
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
Tonight - Rowan became the first of my two girls to get an "official laceration." I guess 12 years combined - one lac and no broken bones is a good record!!!!

Can I just say that where I work - is the best!!!! I went up to work because I am so tired and exhausted that I wanted to be just a "Mom" and not a nurse. They were AWESOME. Standing on the other side of the bed watching my co-workers in action made me feel so much better about bringing her in.

They gave her the royal treatment, made her laugh when the lidocaine started to burn (you can still see the lidocaine blanching around the lac, thanks to Steve's awesome technique in applying it) and loaded her up with stickers when they were done.

Praise God it wasn't worse!!! Praise God I live close to work!!! Praise God that I feel comfortable where I work to take my child!!!! Praise God I was home when it happened to immediately console her!!! Praise God for my co-workers who were AWESOME!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home