08 September 2005

Random Thoughts.....

I feel like I am running on empty and information overloaded right now. I never went to bed after I posted yesterday - I finally fell asleep exhausted at 2300. The girls and I had a full packed day. It was great doing things with them and for them without having to rush off to work at the end. I wanted to post about it this AM before I sat down in front of that "work project" I keep avoiding not for lack of enthusism but for lack of ideas.


Need more!!!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
First of all - Rowan and I decided to make Smore Brownies - THANKS to my Friend from work Becca (thank you Becca) for bringing them into work on Monday and giving me the recipie!!!




Makin the smores brownies
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
Rowan had a blast. I am not sure if it was all the SUGAR that laid before her or if it was the process of smashing everything that went on top - or - that she was in charge of making "the brownies" for Wednesday Night Group at our place!





Makin the smores
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
I'm not sure if I had more fun watching her or helping her?




Click on any of the Smore's Pictures to see the entire process.


Smore brownies done!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
The finished product!!! And yes - they are as deadly as they look - ooooey, goooey and chewy! A perfect pms snack!!!






WARNING
- I told you this was RANDOM




Toothpaste mess!!!!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
I fail to understand, no matter how many times I show them HOW to squeeze the tube and replace the caps - this occurs! Does anyone with kids understand this????






Nats folder one
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.

I was inspired by Donna Downey's Decorative Journals book to create three personalized folders for my daughter going to second grade. I wanted the folders to make her smile, inspire her to do her best and know that I was behind her 100% no matter what!






Nats folder two
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
While it took me forever to get the creative juicies flowing - I had fun doing it. This one has KI Birhtday paper and the random alphabit at the top has a real word search in it! I also used a Junkit's buckle.





Nats folder three
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
All three use KI's newest paper, KI's corresponding ribbon and various Stampin Up stamps. I just got my "Tag Bundle" in the mail for Quickutz. I used it to make the tags on the side. Nat's not sure what subject she is going to put in which folder - so that hasn't been filled in yet. I LOVE this tag bundle!!!

And on a personal note - A little known fact - but I suffer from dyslexia. (I know - not what you want to hear from a peds nurse who has to make alot of calculations.) I worked hard in elementary school to overcome it. When I get really tired it usually shows up. For example - when I booked the plane tickets to Australia I gave the guy my credit card number. I inverted ALL the numbers. He had the RIGHT numbers - the four groups of four - were all out of order. He kept saying the acct didn't exist and I kept saying it did. Worse - I kept reading the numbers off the SAME WAY! Finally - after three phone calls to my credit card company insuring myself the acct existed eventhough I had the card in my hand - I had him read the numbers back to me (I have no idea why?) That's when I realized that the numbers were all messed up.
Recently - tired or completely rested - I keep noticing when I type Donna Downey's name I ALWAYS (and I did it here too) type Downey Donna.

Okay - enough with the Random! I am off to play with Rowan and get my work done!
HA!

2 Comments:

Blogger amazing grace said...

those smores brownies look delicious! YUM!!!

and I love your folders! those are sooo cute! :)

did any of that photoshop stuff help you??? (that I emailed you?))

and.....interesting about dyslexia--how frustrating that whole credit card thing must have been.....

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping Dad and I up to date on our grandchildren. We love the pictures and stories.
Love Ya

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home