16 September 2005

Blah.................

I really think a vacation is needed...... At the end of the month we are going to St Louis, MO for a conference. I know that it's going to be rushing around all day for three days and falling into bed on Saturday night before having to return on Sunday. So - while I am looking forward to the trip - I am not looking forward to the energy that will be extended.

I feel like - since I have been so busy - I have been ignoring alot of what makes me "happy." I was filling out my time card last night and I noted that there was like 30 hours of OT this pay. Just filling it in made me nauseated and tired. That would explain my mood.

So - I decided to post five things that I am happy and thankful for that require nothing but wonderful gifts from God!!!! (and believe me I know there are more than five - but in the interest of time....)

1. My girls - they are what keep me going. Nat (mini me) and Ro (mini me insecurities released) are my sunshine. They say and do the funniest things. They are true gifts from God that I thank him every day for. Being adopted - I always longed for a genetic link to me - and I have two before my eyes.

2. My hubby - always there, always doing things, always filling in the gaps.

3. The weather is BEAUTIFUL out. It went from 80's to 90's to 68ish.... No humidity, nice windy. Fallish weather.... Puts me in the mood for the fall colors.

4. My job - I love my job, I love being a nurse and I love where I work. Odd though it is - it's a great place to work and it's with kids. Plus - in this day and age - to have a secure job with benefits and good pay is something to always be thankful for.

5. My health - despite the occasional migraines, annoyances of growing older - I am in excellent health and so thankful to God for that!

Okay - back to getting ready for work.......

I tag you if you are reading this - to make a list of 5 random things you are thankful for too... I know it's not an official MEME......

1 Comments:

Blogger amazing grace said...

30 hours overtime?//!!!

Whoa.... i think you do need a vacation.....:)

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home