18 September 2005

New things..... Old things.....

Wow - what a relief it has been to have my project for work done. I had no idea how stressed about it I was. It feels good to be looking through new scrapbooking mags and a couple new books I've sneaked home - without trying to plan a page of feeling guilty I wasn't working on the ED scrapbook. I've had to work all weekend - but I definitely feel lighter!!!!

Friday - in the mail - came Cathy Zielske's (I am behind the times)
Clean and Simple Scrapbooking.
LOVE IT! My creative gears are turning - can't wait til the weekend is over and I have some days off to scrapbook!!!!!!


Coin Folder Mini Album
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
Despite working - I still allowed some creative work to get done. This was a joint effort between the hubby and I. A coin folder converted into a mini album. This was the girls Church Camp outing the last weekend in August!

I was suppose to go to a workshop at my fav. Scrapin' place Saturday - but not getting home till 0930ish and falling quickly asleep - a 1300 workshop and return to work at 1900 was not happening.

The hubby - went in my place (I know you are laughing - but the man knows his way around a scrapbook store, difference between pigment ink and water based dye ink, cardstock and velum, KI and SEI, Basic Grey and Chatterbox......)




Coin Folder Mini Album inside!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
So - he showed up in my place to get the materials and how tos! They are use to him there! I think he is thier token male! : )

Here is the inside to the coin folder album. My hubby learned how to emboss with UTEE.
I'm likeing this lil album - I have tons of one day excursions that could so be displayed this way...... with little to no effort! They are so fun!!!!

Christmas Presents...... hmmmmmmm!



Chilli?
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
For Sunday Dinner (being football season is upon us, the weather is wee bit cooler and the leaves are starting to change ever so slightly) we did a chilli recipie I found on Cathy Z.'s blog - El Cid Chilli. AWESOME! Just the right dinner for tonite! Spicy and warm, full of interesting flavors, definitely not boring and a great treat before work! (Interestingly enough - I am not a huge MEAT fan.)









Yummy!!!
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
EVEN the girls ate it!!!!
A little coaxing was needed
but they ate it!

The best thing - it's still in the crock pot simmering - waiting for seconds and thirds to be laddled out over the next 24 hours or so!!!! BONUS!!!







I am now addicted to deviantART and playing with photoshop (Thanks Leah!!!) I am excited to have some nights off this week to play around with photoshop and my new brushes!!!!

I want one of these......IBOOKS...... I can't even believe I am contemplating this.... but I want one BADLY. I avoid the Apple store at all costs for fear I will compulsively get it!!!!

And, now, I have to hurry off to work....

1 Comments:

Blogger amazing grace said...

can't wait to see how you play around with the photoshop brushes....isn't deviant art fun???? I love some of the downloads----
glad your project for work is done and you have more time to play!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home