29 May 2006

Ministry in the Park

This past week our church had some missionaries here. Part of their outreach involved Children's Ministry in the park. They were awesome. Setting up headquarters at Oz Park (just nearby) the girls joined up with them on Thursday.

Obviously - if you take a look at the pictures, the hubby was taking them. I was in my deadly Hazmet class at the time. It was beautiful out. I think Spr-ummer has finally sprung.


The missionaries were from Arkansas but they acted like they were right at home here. They spent time playing and talking with the kids as well as talking and spending time with the mom's/nannies.




They set up a portable stage and had "theatre" time with the puppets. As you can tell they are holding the children very captive.


When I heard they were doing this I was like - "well duh!!!!" I am more into "ghetto" areas (for lack of a better term) for this ministries target - but there are kids right here who need the same message delivered to them......



Oz park is a good locale - it's right in Lincoln park but on the edge of the now vanishing Cabrinia Green and other needy areas.



The fact that they took time to not only do a ministry but talk to the kids AND play with them was the key.



I wish there was some way to keep this going now that they are back in Arkansas.



This is something that I could see my children being totally immersed in and helping out. They did it in Michigan and I know they miss it. We sometimes get so busy worrying about the people we think are in so obvious need of help that we totally overlook the ones that are standing next to us screaming for attention!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like dd had a blast!! Great photos!!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home