29 May 2006

I want to..........



RIDE MY BICYCLE..........





Okay the beginning of the story....












What's wrong with this picture???????


THERE ARE NO WHEELS ON HER BIKE.... TRAINING wheels that is.....



Rowan - took her training wheels off her bike this weekend. (Actually DAD took it off.... but she wanted them off.) So that meant she needed help learning to ride the bike. NOT a problem. But then that sparked Natalie to want to ride her bike which is WAY to small for her.... Then Natalie realized that if Rowan got expert at riding the bike without training wheels - she would get Natalie's bike....

SO - that meant it was now time for Natalie to get a bike.....

Living in Chicago - not wanting to drive.... leads one to walk or ride a bike...


HERE we are....


What's wrong with this picture....


and no I am not NOT riding a bike because I am taking the pictures.....


As you can tell from this picture -my choleric child is upset that I DON'T HAVE A BIKE!!!!!











So off we went (or Dad and the child) to get her a bike..... and home she returns with....





The helmet is a bit big and that caused MAJOR issues with my choleric child... but she loved LOVED loved the bike!



She couldn't wait to get it out and ride it!!!!

















I started with ROWAN while dad and Natalie were away getting the bike (they snuck out.) I knew when Nat returned with a new bike it would be all over... so I wanted to get Rowan psyched that she could WOULD and (spoiler) did ride a bike without training wheels.


After Norm got home he helped her as well.... she really didn't need much coaxing... I just had to keep reminding her that she KNEW how to ride a bike now she had to learn to balance.








At times she would get a lil emotional. We wouldn't let her give up though (or I should say I wouldn't.) What isn't picture here is the horrible crash onto that fence where she tried to impale herself (or rather the bike did if she told the story). I quickly wisked her up and did some TLC and secret Nursing assessment. THEN we got the bike back up and got her back on it. She was glad afterward. She said that she wasn't scraed anymore.....


















The end result...






LOOK MOM NO HANDS!!!! I am doing it myself!!!!



She was quite proud of herself and couldn't wait to call Grammy to tell her!!!!

So what does this do with me wanting to ride my bicycle???????

I got a bike today - only they shop had to ORDER it because they didn't have it in stock. I was going to buy a Schwinn Cruiser - LIME GREEN... it was really sharp. THEY Would have HAD to order that as well..... So the owner (of course) suggested the Giant Crusier with 7 speeds. I asked why? I would want 7 speeds and I tried one of the Schwinn 7 speeds. It was nice..... BUT I wanted it today and I wanted a WOMAN's Cruiser so I would be sitting more upright (I am getting too old to lean forward... kills the back you know....)


The end result is this cool lookingt Giant Women's Crusier - I can't wait to get my hands on!!!!!! ONE WEEK.... I am dying here.... I am so much into instant gratification I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

2 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Dude, that bike rocks!!! I remember tyring to learn to ride a bike. I was pretty bad!! Then, I didn't ride it for years and years until I went to college...and then I had to relearn (this time with a water bottle hanging from the handlebars and a trombone on my back!!) and I again, kind stunk...but I survived and am a bike riding fool today!! Long story...sorry!! Loved the story and all the pics :)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Pohon plastik said...

This is one of the best resources I have seen in a long time thankyou so much

Roller blind jakarta
Roller blind surabaya
Roller blind bandung

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home