24 May 2006

A gift journal

Slightly back in my scrapbooking mojo I made a gift for a friend that is going to Africa for 6 months to work with a mision's team. I got the basic grey hang ten paper (looks African'y I thought) and chip board and the rest it history.....

I had a hard time trying to make this actually - I am not really into what this friend likes and dislikes. I tried to make it neutral but functional.

I included a place to put her journaling pens (included) and stuff. Of course the jouranling pens had to be acid free. I do care about what I make...... no matter who gets it.

And plenty of paper to write, scribble, draw and place pictures.....



Then there is the mini album to go with it. I used another basic grey album as a template.






I did think it made a great journal and photo album for this person..... she is very basic and down to earth!!!!!


Two of the papers weren't exactly "African" in it's looks so I put the backs together and made a pocket. In this pocket gits 6 tags... bonus for her!!!!!


I didn't embellish too much. I did however include some scrapbook adhessive for both her album and her journal!!!!!



I love the basic grey ribbon that has come out as well....... I got them for Oh Baby and Urban Couture. I want to get it for the others as well. I am all about Basic Grey's coordinates. Haven't disappointmented me yet....

I also thought that the size of this album was perfect for her purse, back pocket, back pack... whatever.....



Then.... the card..... all very Hang Tenish I would say.... Not my fav basic grey but it served it's purpose. The hubby got the left over because - it is quite manly looking and not me.....
I dropped this off at work tonight for her. I don't think I will see her before she leaves - but I had to get home for bible study and couldn't stick around.

Now - I am sipping coffee (don't know why) and trying to study for a biohazard/terrorism/hazmet test for tomorrow and Friday.... egads what did I get myself into.

I feel horrible, can't swallow, can't breathe and want to curl up in bed... and I am up drinking coffee and studying.... I have a screw loose somewhere.... don't know where but I hear it rattling in the ole brain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How cute!

Dana

2:09 PM  
Blogger imanewbierunner said...

You did a great job! Your friend is going to love it.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

You did a fabulous job on this! Looks great!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home