30 May 2006

Get on your bike and ride......

Natalie shocked me a bright shade of fuscia this morning........


SHE RODE HER BIKE TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!
Not by herself.... but she did ride her bike, lock it up AND ride it home...... she was so proud of herself!!!!!!!! (and so was I!!!)






She tried to con me by telling me it was illegal to wear a back pack and ride your bike????? I did not buy it for one moment... as you can tell in this photo!!!!!!









Rowan eagerly wanted to get her bike out again today - so that she could master the unmasterable.


There were wobbly times.... We would shake it off before getting on and chant... We are one ONE with the bicycle.....








I got a kick out of her trying to start on her own.....









There was one mishap..... one fall...... she came running and a person on the sidewalk felt sorry for her and helped return her bike.... The fact that she was running towards me told me she was okay. This picture reminds me of those bandaid commercials I grew up on and so wanted to do so I too could get a bandaid......




See - a lil road rash... nothing major. We shook it off and surprisingly SHE wanted to get back on the bike before I recommended it.

That's my lil girl!!!!!




And then there is Nat - getting better by the day.... Dells' and Grand Haven here we come!!!!!

She did try to show Rowan how to start off on your bike and coast.... Rowan took notice and tried to immitate.... I think it helped!!!!













She spent alot of time focusing on her pedals and the exact location of her feet!




IT wasn't long before she was getting it down well!!!!!!!





In the end she mastered what, just yesterday, she thought would be the most impossible thing in the world.... starting, stopping and coasting as well as just plain ole riding her bicycle BY HERSELF!!!!!!

She did many tours up and down the sidewalk.... each time getting farther and farther away from the house....

One round - I had to ask Norm if she took off for starbucks on her own.....

She even crashed a few times and fixed the situation on her own.... That's when you know you have mastered the task at hand...... my lil grasshopper!!!!!!


Whatever the case - fast asleep they fell as I was reading this cool new book to them. Nat and I took turns. A cute lil book it is..... I miss being a young teen (Nat is AHEAD of her time.... trust me.... she is no where near being a teen... no no no no no I will deny deny deny....)

Between the increase in sleep and the increase in eatting this should be a FUN summer!!!! I am all about looking forward to biking alot this summer.... now if I just had my own bike..... I am told a week and it will be here.... Currently my cool cool bike is somewhere in the exburbs......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home