29 March 2006

What's in a name....

What is in a name????? Today's Random Challenge



Rowan is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "little red-head." Also the name of a flowering tree with red berries.
I think this one fits like a tee??? no???? Rowan is a Rowan totally!!!!!!!!


Natalie is pronounced NAT-a-lee. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "birthday." Refers to the birthday of Christ, or Christmas. There was a fourth-century Saint Natalia.

This would explain why Nat is obsessed with preaching the Gospel to her friends.... and others.... Her name literally was on the short list for NAMES TO NEVER use. After 26 hours of labor, four pushes, shoulder dystocia and obvious loss of sanity for a moment - the nurse asked what her name was. We were in the tub and I was flicking her feet and rubbing her chest to get her to cry... My OB was so cool... little to no intervention. The nurses wanted to whisk her away to the warmer and vigorously suction her out... do all that mean stuff... he just let me hold her, stimulate her to cry and start to nurse her.... So - back to the nurse. She said "What's her name mama?" and I said "Natalie." My husband is caught on camera looking like I lost my everyliving mind (which at that point I think I had....) We had pre-chosen Audra if it was a girl and Keegan if it was a boy..... Funny I couldn't think of any other name for Nat....


Bonnie is pronounced BAHN-ee. It is of Scottish origin, and its meaning is "fine, attractive, pretty." From the Scottish word "bonnie" and also diminutive of the French word "bonne", meaning "good." Commonly used as a fond nickname. The old nursery rhyme claims that "the child who is born on the Sabbath Day/is bonny and blithe and good and gay", which makes this an appropriate name for a Sunday's child.



Uh I think NOT! One other site said everything Sweet and Nice... NOT! LOL!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

all are such beautiful names-and the descriptions fit perfectly! TFS :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

Love Rowan's name... Very literal. lol. I think red hair girls are really the cutest. (no offense to any other kids without the red hairs in the world!)

Michelle

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home