15 March 2006

Wednesday random challenge from 2Peas

List 5-10 of your most FAVE SNACK FOODS
( You know,the ones that make you say: " I JUST GOTTA HAVE EM!" )
and share any stories/why you love them so much!


Snack foods.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!

This is a FUN challenge and would make a GREAT layout page for my "ME" book! I never thought of that before.....

  1. Popcorn - I just love going to see a movie in the theatre just to get popcorn. If it's not self serve butter I ask for a dab of butter when it's a third full, two thirds full then on top. When it is self serve, I grab one of those lil containers and fill it up with butter and then plop some on top.... mmmmmmmmmm (and yes I know - that's not real butter.... I know what it truly is - and I LOVE IT anyways!!!!) Whenever Norm and I go to the movies I have to have my own JUMBO size container. I can't share. I won't even share with my girls.... They have their juniors and we adults have our jumbos.... Pathetic I know....... The movie can totally SUCK - as long as the popcorn was good - and refillable - I was happy!
  2. GOOD tortilla chips (usually freshly made from one of the many great mexican restaurants around here) and GREAT salsa (and on really fat days - Guac.) I craved this with Rowan. I would sit there and eat an entire jar of salsa (chipotle, garlic (mmmmm), hot, peach, pineapple, mango, whatever...) with few chips in one day. Norm would get none. Now you know where she gets her "tude" from.
  3. Veggies - yup believe it or not - I could put a hurting on a veggie tray. The dip isn't that big of a deal.... but the veggies (esp snow peas and cucumbers) are a hit with me. I also love a variet of veggies on the tray. Red, orange and yellow peppers, grape tomatoes, radishes, zuchinni, squash.... shrooms... yummmmmmmmmmy And you know what - my girls have individualized bags of veggies in their snack drawer in the fridge. They love veggies just as much.
  4. PITA CHIPS - I could put a hurting on those things. I have to avoid costco at all costs - or I will buy several large bags and just put them away.
  5. Fruit - a fruit tray..... I think because I grew up in Florida I took produce for granted. Now living in the Midwest where the ripest of ripe fruit and veggies are only seasonal - as opposed to always in the PUBLIX (my favorite grocery store of ALL times) produce isle. So now - fruit trays with mangos, kiwis, different types of apples, star fruit.... yum!
  6. Soy Crisps - Particularly the sea salted ones. You have to taste them to understand.
  7. Nuts - I love salty fresh nuts.... AWESOME snack at work. A shot of protein.
  8. Gold fish crackers - on the run. These are awesome snacks to keep in your bag. Get the munches, hunger pangs, shakes from low blood sugar - pop a few goldfish - the multi color ones.
  9. Dips made from scratch at home (pampered chef type dip mixes mixed in cream cheese typ dips) LOL and crackers (usually wheat thins multi grain or something that was on special at whole foods or trader joes.
  10. Last but not least.... GREAT cheese and a glass of wine..... those late nite snack times while scrapbooking, knitting or just plain veggin!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to read everyone elses blogs for this challenge......

Gotta get to bed.... I am so tired. Work has been busting at the seams lately.... and I have lost my MOJO to work... not good.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

great answers... yep, I am a total popcorn fan at the movies too.. more butter plse!!! You are gonna love the TASTEFULLY SIMPLE dips if you participate in my bloggers party.... they are sooooooo good!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome list! I agree freshly made tortilla chips can be a danger food for me... by the time the food comes I'm full.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I take you to the movies with me, and will you order popcorn for us? LOL I'm always afraid to trouble them but that's how I love it too.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Leah's Crafty Life said...

I love your list. Will have to print it out and shop by it *grin* I think next time I go to the movies, I will not be shy and ask for more butter on my popcorn!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kristal said...

Lovin' the list!! And #1-POPCORN!! With a 3yo, we don't go out, but we buy a DVD almost every other week. And love the dip answer. Homemade are the Best!!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home