18 January 2006

Americn Soil

PRAISE GOD! I AM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I never doubted I would get home. I never lost faith in God that he would make a way. I did however start to panic a few times when it looked as if the one day lay ove would last seven days.

Back to the beginning......................

So here we are at the airport in Hyderabad. We left late..... we were reassured we would make it to the next stop before our connecting plane left. I should have been concerned when we were boarding out plane at the same exact time people were departing the plane. I should have been even more concerned when people were still boarding the plane as it started to pull away from the gate. But - I was literally so tired I could barely remember my name much less keep my eyes open. We arrived in Mumbai (Bombay to the rest of the world) and literally GRABBED what luggage we could and ran. When I say ran - imagine a bunch of Jesus Freaks, no sleep, last pair of clothes, middle of the night, grabbing their MORE THAN 50 Pound bags of luggage (on rollars) RUNNING through a crowd of Indians trying to grab our luggage to help us (and get tips). We then FLUNG our luggage on a bus (not really sure who the bus driver was or where we were going) to take a bus ride to the next airport. NOW - the drama - Northwest was "supposingly" holding our flight (for at least thirty minutes). Hence why we so willingly participated in the workout (and for some a cardiac stress test). At one point I thought to myself - okay WHICH piece of luggage might I be able to drop and run????

We arrive at the second airport only to again RUN through the airport to a ticket counter (did I mention we didn't stop at security...... which would have been a problem). We ran to STOP. STOP because apparently our flight was taxing down th runway.

the phrase..... oh dear there are no more flights for seven days..... were not good. (This would be a phrase we would hear SEVERAL times again over the next twenty four hours. Can you say Ground Hogs Day (the movie). That is what I felt like I was in).

JMM and God came through. Actually that would be GOD enabled JMM to come through! We were put up in a hotel, fed, and filtered onto several different flights in order to get home. JMM worked so hard to get us flights. The travel agent told us - you don't make these flights - you are stuck in Mubai for seven days. EVERYTHING is booked.


I won't bore you with anymore details - I am tired.

PRAISE GOD - he is ever faithful, leads the way and protects us all along. My faith in him never faltered (honestly). I did however, start to become tearful thinking I would not see my babies for seven more days (plus the 21 hour plane flight.) I also was racking up credit card charges on the phone trying to aquire help when our lil group was left behind.....

What the devil steals - God will return 1000 fold!

GOOD NIGHT

1 Comments:

Blogger amazing grace said...

WElcome HOme!!! Sounds like it was quite an adventure getting home! glad you are back.....:)

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home