11 January 2006

A little dusty and dirty....

PRAISE GOD! What a day!!!!


We are back!!!! A lil dusty and dirty - but changed forever!!!

(I had typed this all out at once and the computer crashed... I am praying that does not happen again!!!)

So - after dinner at the Tombs (Beautiful outside dinner) we took a 7 hour train ride (what an adventure - words can not describe) to just outside of Gunter. While waiting for the buses after the train ride - a fellow traveler (and new sister prayer warrior) Deb and I, had the opportunity to witness to a Hindu Indian. We were standing on the platform and a gentleman walked up and asked us where we were from. I said the States. He asked where - and we mentioned our states. He then asked why so many people. We started to tell him about JMM. There was another gentleman off to the side listening intently. He finally came close enough that we could carry on a conversation with him as well. Deb asked the first man if he was muslim (I was ready to start running) and he said "no - I am Christian." The other gentleman offered that he was Hindu and wanted to know about this "Christian guy!" So we witnessed to him. (Were you sitting down Norm when you read that?)

We then took a bus for an hour to a Hostel to freshen up (as best we could). Then we took another two hour bus ride to a lil village that was getting no support after the Tsunami last year. The land that we drove past to the village showed unbelievable destruction from that huge wall of water. Things are still not built up. As we pulled up to the village children and families ran out to greet us. As we were getting off the buses we were overwhelmed with Thank you's, hand shakes, and tears of joy.

We dispersed amongst the 200+ houses that JMM built. I broke off with my two new best friends, Renee' and Deb! We were to bless houses and families as we came to them. The families were all PROUDLY standing by their houses. The first house we came to the mom would not stop crying (tears of joy). The father was so proud to show off his son, two daughters and wife. We prayed over them and their house. THEN we cut the ribbon to their front door. The house was no bigger than my living room with a wall to section off an area for a kitchen - BUT THEY WERE SO HAPPY! There was electricity!!! They had a walled hole for a bathroom on the side and a hole that was padded. AMAZING!

One other house that was emotionally moving was the Pastor's house. When we approached his area he ran over and asked us to come and bless his house. What a blessing for us to have us bless his house. We met his entire family, prayed over everyone in his family and celebrated his house. At the end he wanted to pray blessings over us in both his language and ours. The entire family was singing out prayers. It was so moving!!!

Another house we came to the family started kissing our feet after we blessed thier house. So touching. The only word that we could really communicate with them was "alleulia!" (PRAISE GOD!) So from the houses you could hear everyone yelling "Alleulia!" for what Jesus had restored in the village!

Afterwards, we dedicated over 200 bicycles (their main transportation to the village about ten miles away), 100 sewing machines (to supply them with an income, way of life, to be self sufficient), and four motorized richochets (to help support themselves by getting things to the market.) There was also a dedication of a church, school and clinic. AMAZING! Simply amazing.

After the dedications - we had people line up to have us pray for them for many different reasons. Many wanted "annointing from God." The pastor had asked us to pray for his son - that he may also have an annointing to serve God.

There are no words to describe what we went through the past two days!!! I was so emotionally full and drained at the same time when we got back on the bus! I couldn't journal. I was in awe! God's Glory has just poured out on this village!

The bus ride back was very LONG - but just enough to decompress, think, nap, refresh. We stopped for a mini lunch - but I was just not hungry.

I should mention this part - I haven't seen a diet coke in ages.... I have had no headaches, no D/T's, no cravings NOTHING! Praise God. With that said - I finally found a diet coke at the coffee shop for 96 Ruppees. Such a small price to pay for a luxury! I have been consuming MASSIVE amounts of water despite the holes in the floor for bathrooms!!!

The food is AMAZING! They are making us such AWESOME Indian cuisine - it's unbeeeeelievable. I am afraid not to eat - because I will not get this back in the states. The Curry...... The garlic.... the Fennel...... The teas....... I am not even craving coffee. (However, Starbucks has not a clue when it comes to tea AND coffee compared to here......).

It's very early in the AM here - 0200 - BUT the city is still full and bustling. We hear it starts to die down about 0330.

I have to sign off now - I need to be up at 0700 to depart for the hospital for the day! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! There is an opportunity for me to return to this hospital for one week a year!!!!! I am so here! It's a Methodist Hospital planted by JMM treating primarily HIV/AIDS patients but also local village people who need medical attention. I wish I could upload pictures to show you guys the wonderful people that have touched my heart and the hearts of my fellow travelers. I promise when I get home to post!!!

I am trying to protect my batteries in my camera - they will not charge. (Please pray they continue to last. I have had Awesome God power on those things right now. I pray over the camera every morning!)

PLEASE continue to pray for our group. We are women and at times it shows. Plus, many people are being pushed well beyond their comfort zones that they are about to crack. A few have.... PLEASE pray that God continues to keep us open, full of unconditional love, grace and mercy. The crusades start tomorrow - PLEASE pray that over a million are led to Christ!

Good Night Rowan and Natalie - soon I will be home with pictures and many bedtime stories to tell you!!!! EVERYONE here has seen your pictures - and thinks you guys are adorable. Natalie - I am sorry, but everyone agrees you look like Julia Roberts. Rowan - everyone also agrees you have a spitfire red head temper glowing from your pictures. All GOOD! Hugs and kisses! Night and love to the hubby as well!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD JESUS!!!
I was crying while reading your post...we serve an awesome God! I can't wait to see pictures when you get back!!

Can you let me know what time the game is on Saturday? or am I allowed to call Norm and talk with him? I need to know so I can call my work back.

Love you!!
Cat

12:17 PM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

Wow girl!!! It sounds like a lot is happening and that you guys are serving many people--Praise the Lord!

Am looking forward to seeing pictures when you get back!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home