13 January 2006

DELIRIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

This was an incredible day of much needed REST and THERAPY!
(Disclaimer - this day seems so insignificant compared to all the others - but in reality this was a most wonderful day. I do believe we touched many lives today in the people that we came across..... Not to mention the Fruit of the Crusades tonight!!!)

We departed bright and early for Joyce's teaching day at the crusades. We spent the morning praising and worshiping then recieving a word on "our personal ministry." Praise and Worship was AWESOME as always. Very moving. WE serve and awesome God who never fails us! I was thinking of hanging back this morning because my feet were still pretty swollen - I had Cankles. I thought sitting for 6 hours might make it worse. I wanted to go lay on the bed with my feet in the air!!! Two other members were thinking of the same thing. We had to actually walk out to the buses to let our team leader know. At that point - we were informed that they had decided to depart the teaching at 1200 due to the heat and time constraints for the rest of the day. Praise the Lord - he just smacked me upside the head to get my poor swollen feet and cankles on the bus to the teachings. Praise and Worship was very moving and therapeutic! We managed to get in the front row - which I am sure was a "God-cidence!" Many time we found ourselves losing all inhibitions praising our Awesome God! After and hour of worshiping we recieved two timely messages. One from a pastor that is hailed as the Billy Graham/Reinhardt Bonke of India. He was Fantastic!!! Then there was Joyce! Always eloquent and straight to the point! She tells it like it is and explained to a huge mass of growing Born Again Christians in India - what their personal ministry was. It was a GREAT lesson for us as well! The concept.......
(and you know that is why God arranged it for me to have to WALK out to the bus to tell the team leader I wasn't going this AM..... DUH!)
Your personal ministry is very simple. Do as Jesus would! What did Jesus do - he restored people. HOW can we restore people? Make it your personal mission to cause 10 people a day to smile!!! If you do that - in one year you will make 3,650 people smile. Can you imagine (so simple but so profound!) Making them smile? How important is that? It will make them feel good about themselves. That life you touch - by prompting that smile - might just spark that conversation that might just lead a brother or sister to Christ! HELLO!!!!
We need to spend more time BEING THE CHURCH instead of GOING to CHURCH!
Say it Joyce!!!!
We also had the opportunity to meet many people from all over India that are pastors and here to learn how to build thier church, evangelize AND teach! Praise the Lord - they are so hungry!!!!!


AFTER that - we went SHOPPING (for real.) It was so much fun to go shopping as a group on the streets of Hyberabad!!! (I felt like I was in a high school field trip with our team leaders as our chaperones making sure we stayed out of trouble. In this case it meant - making sure we didn't pay too much for an item. In India you can bargin down just about ANYTHING!!) We ate a bit of the Indian Snacky Junk food! (shhhhh don't tell my girls)

THEN - we returned to the hotel with our purchases. For me it required the assistance of the bellhop to the room!! (Shhhhhh don't tell my hubby....) I had so much fun! (WE as a group had fun! EVEN THE MEN!) It was very therapeutic. This has been a very emotionally draining, physically demanding and HEAVY week! The frivilous shopping excursion was just what we needed! I do believe God rewarded us as well. There were DEALS everywhere. With the staff accompanying us and having our guides we were able to get some bargins as well as discounts for being apart of JMM!

After a wonderful dinner on the lawn - BEAUTIFUL weather - we departed for the crusades!

(are you sitting down Natalie?????)

DELIRIOUS was the praise and worship band at the beginning. I was a bit anal with our group and threatened all of them within an inch of DEATH if they were late for the bus. We were leaving at 6PM SHARP!
(and in reality there were four other people on the bus that were in complete agreement with me - but let me be the mouth of the movement!!!!)
We arrive, had front row seats - to see Delirious.
(Not close enough for this Princess of God!!!)
I, along with other members of our group, were able to get RIGHT UP FRONT, SMACK DAB at the stage - STANDING IN FRONT OF DELIRIOUS - Praising and Worshiping!!!!
(no one was complaining about the early departure time at that point......)
So many times I would turn around and see several thousand Indians behind me, arms outstretched to the sky, tears streaming down their face, praising an AWESOME God! It was such a beautiful site. Even more beautiful were the gaurds and staff at the stage standing in the same stance, jumping up and down, dancing and sing praises to our AWESOME God!

Now Nat (And Rowan) - the part you are going to love me for..... I HAVE ABOUT 50 + PICTURES OF DELIRIOUS UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!!!!!!!
I also have pictures of me with JMM Band!!!
(You remember the conference we went to.... yup - mom got pictures with them!!!! JUST FOR YOU - MY Babes!!!)

Joyce taught brillantly and eloquently tonight! AGAIN - MANY MANY MANY people gave thier lives to Christ. Words can not describe the crowd, what we saw and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the parade grounds...... I couldn't even begin to capture it with my camera no matter how many shots I took, from any angle, height or depth. The Parade Ground was PACKED! Almost to capacity. There were several people hanging on the fences around the parade grounds due to the packed capacity of the place. They are sure that the place will be completely filled tomorrow nite with over flow in the street!
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

PLEASE continue to pray for the crusades and that we do see 1 million + come to know Christ this week! Keep in mind - Hyberabad alone has a population of over 14 million! So much more must be done here!!!!
SO MUCH MORE!!!!!

I've felt the pain
I've seen the Need
I've Heard the Call


WE'RE COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note - my camera batteries that I pray over (seriously I do - I ask God to keep the batteries charged until I can get replacements!) every morning are STILL going!!!! I took over 60 flash photos tonight and never once turned off the camera!!!!

Praise God - the camera batteries lasted!!!!

I now have Double AA batteries. Energizers - four of them for $1.00!

Praise God for SMALL miracles and BIG miracles!

Okay - tomorrow BIG day - going to the orphanage!!!!! Got to get sleep.... I am running on an average of 3 hours a night right now.... with no naps inbetween!!!!!!!!

You know it's God keeping me going!

(And no - I am not drinking Coffee or diet coke. That's a luxury here......)

Keep in mind - you are not getting all the funny side notes like me at the ATM, Me on the Elevator, EVERYONE (including JM herself) making fun of my name 'Mobley' pronounced MOOOOO - BLEEEEEEE you know like the jungle book, and so many more...... that's for another time...... like when you come to visit me in person and look thru my scrapbook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home