23 December 2005

STILL going

My husband is a trooper.
He is wrapping gifts.
I just got home from work.
I am working on a few cards.

(like his - I forgot to make my hubby a card.... DUH!)

The girls went to see SANTA today......



Nat refused to let me do her hair - she like the "Curls" her braids left when she took them out this AM. She looked cuter in person than in the photo.
Rumor has it they were going to ask Santa for a "baby brother."
(So they told daddy)

Norm asked them when they left if they asked for a baby brother.

Nat said -

"Well dad I was kinda scared, if I asked him and he really brought us a baby brother it might be in the box too long and get really sick."

It's not Christmas till you have the picture with Santa.
All is done then no matter what you have left to do.

PLEASE do no misunderstand - I am not saying Christmas is about Santa.
This is just a tradition I hate to miss every year. PLUS - this is the LAST Marshall Fields downtown Santa Claus. The last pin that will say "I visited the Fields Santa." Next year it's the "Macy's Santa." (just doesn't sit well........)

Truly - we are trying to get away from all the gifts and having them give gifts to others. A portion of their Christmas went to their compassion international kids and a portion went to a few South Side kids. Next year I hope to make it more (as they grow older....)

Okay back to my hubby's card
shhhhhh it's a surprise......
I am letting glue dry right now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home