30 July 2006

Snap Shots of Saturday and more....

What a Action Packed last few days.....

First of all - when you are a nurse and work any shift 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year - a weekend in ANY THREE days off together....

This would explain my WHACKY demeanor during the week now wouldn't it.... LOL.

The girls were heavy into VBS as I was trying to balance the end of my work week and the Joyce Meyer/Hillsong Conference.

It all kicked off with a special reception on Thursday evening that Norm and I were very honored to be invited to. Praise God - we were able to get a Babysitter at the Last POSSIBLE moment.


Joyce graciously entertained questions personal, spiritual and about her ministry. Now - personally I wanted to know where she got that outfit. I LOVE the top. Lime Green and all!!!!!




Norm actually got to spend time talking with Dave Meyer. This was nice for Norm since I get to do all the trips, conferences and networking. I was more excited for him than myself.



Joyce addressed the room of partners sharing some thoughts about her ministry and things that she has had to either overcome or confront as a pastor when her Ministry was growing (and is still growing). She was also shared what was in the works in her ministry. Praise God - her ministry is reaching all four corners of the earth (N<>S<>E<>and<>W)






Then - Because VBS was over on Friday evening - we were able to head out early on Saturday for a pack day of Preaching, Worshiping and Family time!!!!!!

We arrived at the Alstate Arena at the bright (and overly HOT) hour of 0725. We were like FIRST in line. It was an AWESOME thing. Good seats were Gaurenteed!


Of course - while waiting in line - I knitted.... for more of that story go here....



Natalie passed the time reading - reading the book I had bought her the day before. She was getting into it. I am glad that I bought the book for her - it was Godly driven inspiration for Joyce to release the book for kids AND for teens. She already asked me if she could get the Teen book when the time came. Well of course.... duh!





Rowan passed the time taking pictures (of which I have like 50) of the crowd, the surroundings and the planes flying over. She loved that part!!!!




Dad ran and got us KRISPY KREME donuts to pass the time.... mmmmmmmmm Breakfast!!!! Way to go Daddy!!!!! You have the SAVED the DAY!!!!!





The Alstate Arena was PACKED. It seemed - for a venue like Chicago - that it should have been packed more - I was rather surprised. But - it was packed. It seemed like - however, that Indiana (last year) was packed more. They had to shut the doors during some of the sessions AND if you were there at 0805 (five minutes AFTER they openned the door) you were pretty much betting on an upper level seat.



Joyce preached three out of the five sessions - and as always had a timely message for ALL generations to enjoy and grow from!!!!!


Joyce was Awesome as always with her illustrations and applications of the scriptures to every day REAL life situations that we can all relate to....... Now not to be off topic - Natalie saw this outfit and stated "Mom - I like that outfit - you would look good in that...." Thank you Ms Hillary Duff for even implying that I might have the class to carry that outfit off like Joyce....



She is such a personable person - and down to earth - with her life laid out infront of everyone. She has experienced and shares her experiences in ways that helps you to either NOT make the same mistakes or not repeat them and realize that we are truly SAVED by the GRACE of God.



Joyce was preaching to EVERYONE this weekend. There wasn't one person that couldn't have grasped a concept or two......

And yes - of course - she was preaching loud and clear to me!!!!!! Say it Joyce - I need to hear it again and again... back around that mountain I go!!!!!



Of course - Hillsong and Darlene were AWESOME with their praise and worship!!!!
(it's hard to believe that last summer at this time - we were there - at Hillsong in Australia!!!)






The girls were up front at one point praising and worshiping to the wonderful music..... Natalie looks at Darlene as a Positive Female Role Model. Incase I never told you - Natalie wants to grow up to be a singer - a Christian Singer!!!





There was this one song - that they taught us (for lack of a better word.) WE LOVED IT!!!!!









It goes like this (with strong African Drum Beat behind the lyrics):

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

He Knows My Name.......
He Knows My Name.......

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

He Knows My Name.......
He Knows My Name.......


Light over darkness
Strength over weakness
Joy over sadness

He Knows My Name.....

Father to the Fatherless
Friend to the Friendless
Hope to the Hopeless

I will Praise Him
I will Praise Him

For I am FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY.....

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

He Knows My Name.......
He Knows My Name.......

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God Knows My Name

He Knows My Name.......
He Knows My Name.......

Of course - two of the five sessions was led by Pastor Brian Houston from the Hillsong Church in Australia....



There is a funny story here...... Pastor Brian Houston is visiting from Australia (obviously - given Brian Houston is the Pastor of Hillsong - which resides in Australia - where else would he be from or doing here???) and was treated to the All American Past Time of BASEBALL. And what a better game than - THE CUBS at Wrigley Field. Now - as many of you know - the Cubs need prayer. They need alot of prayer. One might even suggest a prayer walk around Wrigley Field. So - there Pastor Brian sits with Dave Meyer and family (freinds) watching (whatelse) the St Louis Cardinals play the Cubs. As you know - being from St Louis - you can imagine who they were rooting for. (Not the Cubs). Brian - wanting a bit of American Culture to take home - went and bought a cap - thinking that the "C" was for the Cardinals. (innocent mistake) Imagine the looks he got when he returned to the stands wearing that hat????? Well - according to Brian - it was at that moment that the Cubs scored Five runs to "beat the Cardinals 6-5 in front of a loud, bipartisan crowd at Wrigley Field."




So - because (being a Man of God and realizing the Cubs need more than prayer.....) gave "THE HAT" away to a lucky and blessed member of the crowd. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!




The best thing about the past few days was connecting with people that I went to India with. The favorite reunion was with Dana - who IS PREGNANT!!!!!!
She is someone I have been thinking about almost daily since we got back and holding up in prayer.. PRAISE God for her good news!!!!!!

Yes Dana - God's timing IS everything!!!!!

I encourage you - if you have any questions about this weekend, or anything I have posted - to either email me by leaving a post - or clicking on any of the links I have provided. Both ministries offer MANY online options for a seeker or someone spiritually dry.

If you live in the Chicago Land Area - I recommend checking out our CHURCH - HERE!
Or - my Pastor HERE!

I can honestly say - any of the links will get you started in the right directions.....

Praise God -for the past few days (my weekend) it was such an answer to my chaotic life!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

WOW! What a blessed weekend! I love Joyce Meyer's. I love that song too.

Rolana

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! Awesome weekend!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

wow Bonnie... what a weekend.. I wud love the chance to see Joyce and Darlene fr Hillsongs.. I love their worship! So real and oh so moving.. always draws me closer to God... thks for sharing all you did... I had the chance once many many years ago.. to go to a womens conference and hear Bobbie Houston speak.. she is one incredible woman too! Glad u had such a wonderful weekend... wow! Wish I cuda been there ...

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home