11 July 2006

Check us out!!!!!

I was so excited to watch the news last night. I NEVER watch the news. Seriously - I never watch the news. I feel that many times it is slanted, inflated, propagandized and sensationalized. (Could I possibly think of any more adjectives?)

Last night CBS 2 did a special report on "Emerging Churches." They included our church in their discovery process and many of the scenes were actually from our worship service AND Context Group.

Go here to see the actually story!!!!! How exciting. The Emerging Church has caught the eyes of the media!!!!!

Now - is the "Emerging Church" a fad or here to stay? I say here to stay. I say the Church, in response to the "times" is changing. It's becoming more of a "Church as a body of believers" as opposed to a building you go to every Sunday. I know that there are many definitions of the "Emerging Church" and the actual "Mega Church" but I also see a revolution of Christianity emerging that is not a fad. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home