05 January 2006

Here's a shocker....

So I get up for a meeting this morning (which was nice because it got my lazy but outta bed and going) and return home to work on a paper that I need to turn in before I leave.... and SHOCKING news from the Yahoo News Board.....

Lindsay Lohan's Two Shocking Confessions
Lindsay Lohan has revealed to Vanity Fair magazine that she has taken drugs and that she lost so much weight so fast by becoming bulimic (which apparently no one told LiLo - doesn't really help you lose wt there is usually an anorexic component or OCD exercising.) She blames both on her emotionally destructive father, the stress of working in Hollywood and her heartbreak when she and "That '70s Show" actor Wilmer Valderrama split up.


WHO WOULD HAVE EVER GUESSED THAT THIS WAS GOING ON???????????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sorry - was that sarcastic? It's just - this entire thing was broadcasted across the nation. Like the Olsen twins (and other media personalities) - we saw this unfold in the Media. What makes me mad is the irresponsible media/publishers/hollywood - whatever. They market her to TEENS (and pre-teens) as if nothing is WRONG. I am a little sensitive about this since my daughter is already influenced by Hillary Duff (who's not looking so well herself lately), Lindsey Lohan and others in that circle. She has been for at least a year if not more. (She's EIGHT!) I am by no means criticizing LiLo - I feel for her. The pressures of Hollywood were caving in on her - I AM SURE. I am mad at the people around her that LET it happen. THEN - people wonder about the state of our next generation. HELLO!!!!!! I pray every day for my daughters and still worry......

There's hope LiLo - look at Drew Berrymore.......

Does anyone else feel this way???

*************************EDIT************************

Tamika - brought up a GREAT point and one I am actually proud of. Raven Simone!!!! My daughter LOVES this show and Raven is NOT bone thin - but she is the most real teen actress I have seen in a long time!!!!! You go Raven!!!!!! She has a Teen cosmetic line coming out (no I do not read teen mags - but I should - all those evenings curled up in my bed, the laptop and Nat) and her design choice is "sheer natural makeup to bring out YOUR beauty!" Thank you Tamika!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamika said...

I agree with you 100%. I watched Hillary Duff on New Year's Rocking Eve and thought there was something wrong with my television. She looked so thin and spacey. As soon as one these young ladies put on a little weight she is made to fell bad about herself - that is why I am so proud of Raven Simone and her parents and don't mind my daughters looking up to her. She seems like she would walk away from everything before letting fame destroy her.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home