04 January 2006

NOT READY

Okay let me preface this post by saying...... I AM STRESSED!!!!!!

(warning - long post)


DSC_0003_edited-1, originally uploaded by Freakrn.


This is how close I am to being PACKED and ready. So.... I am NOT!

I have a meeting tomorrow at work, work four hours before our context group and still have some things to finish up before hunkering down to pack.

Now - you may laugh and think.... HELLO - you are going to be exhausted when you walk on that plane.... That's all apart of the master plan. I want to sleep as much of this flight away as I can. I am terribly claustrphobic and worry that I am going to wig out on the flight.

We went shopping today for some necessary items to take on the trip. I needed a skirt that went to my mid calf or longer. HA - do you know how HARD that was to find.... finally found one after the fourth store. I was actually lucky in that I got a pair of shoes at Target that were on CLEARANCE and match the skirt I bought three stores later.

I also needed to get a CHEAP (cheap being the key word as if you couldn't tell) band to wear on my wedding finger. I am not going to wear my wedding ring. This was recommeded by SEVERAL people.


DSC_0006_edited-2, originally uploaded by Freakrn.



Isn't is pretty - I feel like a newlywed again.... (I kinda like it personally)

I was also warned against taking my laptop - I was told they may seize it at customs in India. This has me really upset. I talked to someone today who went to Africa on a similar trip and took her laptop with NO problems. I am so confused about this. I am going to call the headquarters tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.

I went to my mailbox prior to leaving for SHOPPING - and found THIS in there for me........


DSC_0005_edited-1, originally uploaded by Freakrn.



What a GREAT surprise. God surely knew I was STRESSED. Leah - THANK YOU LEAH - made these lovely note cards and sent them to me. I am so blessed! This really put a smile on my day. Leah - WHERE did you get your stamp for the back of the card???????? I WANT ONE with My name like that!!!!

Well that's all she wrote. I am curled up in my bed with three build a bears (NKKI I, II, and III the latter being mine) and my baby girl Natalie. She was afraid to go to sleep tonight - because she will miss me when I leave. I felt horrible. I kept telling her to lay her head on my shoulder while I typed. Occasionally she would jerk up and look at me. I kept telling her I wasn't going any where this soon.

I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!!!! ESPECIALLY TO GIRLS!!!!!!!!

Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Blogger amazing grace said...

I am so glad you liked the cards! They were fun to make. The chop on the back of the cards is actually from China. J's dad made a trip there and got it for me. I am planning on getting on for Gracen when we travel to Taiwan.

I'll be thinking of you as you are in India and pray that the trip glorifies the Lord. :)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home