24 January 2006

BALANCE

I have been thinking hard about my THEME for this year. Last year it was Embrace Imperfection. Something I am still learning. None of us are perfect and Praise God he see's us for who we are and who we are in Him - imperfections, mistakes, screw ups, backsliden to onfire, accomplishments, and attributes. It is a shame we can't see ourselves (as well as others) the same way!

So this year I was thinking - BALANCE - should be the theme. My intentions are to spend more time with the fam as well as smoothing out the rough edges. What a better way than with balance. This would encompass ALL aspects of my life from eatting to sleeping, working to play and projects to personal time. I know this is going to be a struggle for me. I am seeking balance in everything - starting with the small things first - praying God helps me to work up to the big things!

Today's move towards balance was food. YES food - after my 20 year struggle with eatting disorders and fluctuating weight - I am trying to BALANCE it out. I have been on such a rollar coaster of a schedule the last few months that I either have NO appetite and eat nothing for hours (sometimes an entire day depending where I am at coming off a stretch of days at work) to a big dinner (or breakfast). I know that the proper way to handle this is to "graze" smartly all day - and I am going to make a strong effort to do this.

The other step I took today is balancing my time and the rest of my life. I decided I need to make a very STRONG effort at walking, running, working out - SOMETHING that takes me away from EVERYTHING I have going on in my life. I am not much for pampering. Manicures and Pedicures are stressful for me (and you don't get them every day - I need something I can do almost daily)! So - today I walked - walked with my IPOD and walked and thought about life. I prayed alot while walking and listened for God to talk to me. I felt balanced afterwards. I know this will be a daily struggle for me but I am praying God will help me to complete this task - DISCIPLINE!

I was originally thinking DISCIPLINE but realized after prayer and journaling time God wants me to focus on BALANCE!

So I am off to BALANCE my check book (eeeeek) and balance out some Scrapbooking time......

toodles.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home