26 June 2005

Journying thru the Pslams 2

1 Why the big noise, nations? Why the mean plots, peoples?
2 Earth-leaders push for position,
Demagogues and delegates meet for summit talks,
The God--deniers, the Messiah-defiers:
3 "Let's get free of God!
Cast loose from Messiah!"
4 Heaven-throned God breaks out laughing.
At first he's amused at their presumption;
5 Then he gets good and angry.
Furiously, he shuts them up:
6 "Don't you know there's a King in Zion? A coronation banquet
Is spread for him on the holy summit."
7 Let me tell you what GOD said next.
He said, "You're my son,
And today is your birthday.
8 What do you want? Name it:
Nations as a present? continents as a prize?
9 You can command them all to dance for you,
Or throw them out with tomorrow's trash."
10 So, rebel-kings, use your heads;
Upstart-judges, learn your lesson:
11 Worship GOD in adoring embrace,
Celebrate in trembling awe.
12 Kiss Messiah!
Your very lives are in danger, you know;
His anger is about to explode,
But if you make a run for God--you won't regret it!

Wow - I had to read and meditate on this psalm a while. I must have been preoccupied (or just dense). I came back and read it again - (and again and again) and hello - it's quite blatant in it's meaning. Actually, when I was just reading it to post this entry I was in awe how accurate this psalm describes TODAY - our current secular climate - the "world." I was just commenting to a friend on how Christianity has been mixed in with other religions and almost become "secularized" so that it is "popular" rather than sticking to the biblical strongholds God set forth in the beginning. It's no longer Christianity and "other religions" and it's "all the religions including christianity."
I see a promise in this psalm for us if we stay loyal and faithful to Him as opposed to conforming to the "popular" and "cool" religions. I also see a glimpse of Grace. God's grace if you stop, repent and accept Christ. How awesome a concept.....

I wonder why I missed this the first twenty times I read it?????

Feel free to share you feelings as I journey through the psalms...... Have a blessed rest of the weekend. Taste of Chicago is up and running, 5 (FIVE) days till we go to Australia and the weather is AWESOME......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your comment on secularizing Christianity. I cringe everytime I hear the word "higher power." People envelope God into this "higher power" as if there is more than one "god." The world has become very pluralistic again. Hello Oprah are you listening?

Ty

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home