22 June 2005

Praise Report......

Okay - every Wednesday we host a Bible Study are our place, and Praise God, it has been packed. So tonight, shortly before bible study Rowan spikes a high fever and just starts screaming, crying, I can't calm her down. I had even (probably overdosed her too) given the Motrin and Tylenol - I was heading for the T3.... I, as a mom feel horrible, and as a nurse have NO clue what is going on. The only thing I could think of was "ear infection." She stated that her throat and ears hurt and she did have some nodes in her neck that were palpable and tender (by the reaction I got when I touched them)
So - as the pastor and his wife are arriving I am hiking Ro up on my hip and heading to the hospital (we walked.... w her on my hip - cause she wouldn't put shoes on and I felt horrible that she was so miserable). See below.....


While she doesn't really look it here (unless you really knew Rowan) I was praying all the way there that there was a doc on I knew and that it wasn't busy. I was also hoping for some "cool" nurses - as opposed to what I have no idea??? Luckily a good friend of mine was on AND the triage nurse was also a friend. They got one of the Fellow's to see Ro - we were in and out - home for bible study only 45 minutes into it. Praise God. Coxsackie... Not Coxsackie - but Praise God it wasn't an ear infection, or worse. And Praise God for the in and out drive thru service that really never occurs in the ED. Ro was so relieved. She was petrified as we were walking in to the hospital. She kept saying "but mommy I love you, please don't take me in...." I felt HORRIBLE. I finally told her there would be NO SHOTS. (I was also praying that would be the truth.) So - with this lil sad pitiful voice she said "just medicine you drink?"
She came home, sat with me for a little bit then crashed on my bed - she's still asleep.... They are NEVER sick - Praise God - but for an occasional fever that goes away. This is the worse (and I know I am very fortunate) Rowan has ever been.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Ro is going to be okay...give her a big hug for me, ok?
My big project on Monday was to put my Australia pictures into my album from you. I've been showing it to everyone in Sussex County, NJ (and it made a day trip to Allentown, PA yesterday) and EVERYONE agrees that you are WAY too talented for your own good! Their jaws drop and and they turn throuh the pages over and over with this look of disbelief on their faces. And I sit there all smug and say "Yeah, I get to babysit for them!" (and then I log on to the internet and show them a pic of you and the girls!)
So, once again, thanks for the greatest gift I could have ever asked for. I love you, B! (and not just for your creativity, but because of the joy of your overflowing love for our Lord Jesus!)

Cat

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home