29 June 2005

Cycle of Generations


cycle of generations
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
This is Week Three from my journaling class Written Down. I had fun experimenting with a new technique of painting over a part of a picture and then scetching out the image underneath.... didn’t do quite bad on myself, but for some reason I made my husband look like a dork…. it was not intentional.
Water colored background with cyan ink pad for accents, around the outside the lyrics to “Circle of Life”.....
The prompt was "Wheels" or "Cycle" or "travel" (you get the idea).
I am adopted, so having my own children was a completion of a circle for me. My husband, being the oldest of four boys also found completion with having two beautiful girls. I found it interesting how we are unique as individuals, we came together, had two different children – each one having a little bit of each of us, but one favoring one of us. Nat a mini me, Ro a mini daddie. Two unique individuals, together complete a circle for four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home