03 September 2007

The finished product

Well - what can I say. We make plans, vow to keep up our blog and then..... LIFE happens. What I promised was pictures of the girls finished room! What I delivered was nothing. The girls came home the day after the scrapbook expo and I haven't seen my computer long enough to send emails much less blog. (LOL)

Without further ado - is the final product. (And I apologize in advance, some of the pictures are blurry)


Yes I know that it is upside down. This past weekend - while everyone was enjoying labor day (or the lack of work) - we were pulling the hard drive out of our computer. Yes - after ten re-formats the hard drive finally took the big dive......... What's on my camera now is stuck on my camera. I currently type on my mac...... But here is the dresser we re-did. We put it in the closet and I tried to make it look GIRLY...... the tulle is what they used as wraps in a wedding they were flower girls in last year...


Socks all in once place and every bag they have claimed as theirs as well - and they are not on the floor!!!!!!!!



The redone desk and new curtains....... They also have a hanging shelf unit from IKEA with each box filled to the rim with toys......



Yes - my girls could literally open their own library or book store - but I would rather that bookshelf be full of books than video games...... Many were books that I started buying when I was pregnant with Natalie and Rowan. Those books are special to them.



This is a picture of the room in the mid afternoon here in the windy city. The room has an orange glow to it that makes it look very retro. When they opened the door to their room they both jumped up and down and screamed shrilly cheers of laughter. What can I say - Rowan benefited from Natalie's big birthday gift - but Natalie didn't even notice.


Then the beds..... New sheets...... new comforter.... new pillows.... a bulletin board I embellished for each girl and lights attached to the bed for them to use when they are reading into the wee hours of the night. (A far cry from me using a flashlight when I was a kid.....) Again - gotta love IKEA.


Norm's major purchase from IKEA..... a stand alone closet (meant for a dorm room I am sure) but perfect for theirs. In it are school uniforms, toys, craft projects and other interesting items that now have a place tucked away......



This would be the red headed curly child that benefited from Natalie's birthday gift - but deserved a new room as well. She is the top bunk and proudly proclaims she needs no ladder to get to her bed. She's my monkey.... she has been climbing since she could crawl....

Fortunately Orthopedics has not been a consult we have had to visit.... facial lac repair yes (but only because I was too tired to repair it myself at home).






There is the birthday girl...... she is the one that inspired the room makeover. Retro warm colors for my first born leader.

She so deserved a girly pre-teen room - and I hope I delivered.

It was so much fun doing..... even the DH admits how fun it was!!!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home