03 September 2007

Disaster at the home front

Agggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

Picture if you will - my red hair standing straight on end and my arms in the air with a huge look of grief on my face.

(why do you have to picture this.... because my GATEWAY died!)

Yes - I got a text message Thursday while I was at my Grant Writing workshop that the computer wasn't "responding." I asked the DH to just walk away till I could get home and investigate - but he couldn't. I am not sure if it would have made a difference....

What we did yesterday was vivsect our computer. The hard drive is out and at a friend's house. Hopefully - (ha ha ha) some things (such as pictures and itunes and a few papers) could be removed from our now - DEAD - hard drive.

But what this leaves us - is looking for a new computer.

I have my MAC which is mine for school and work - and no one else is allowed to touch it.

We are looking at going 100% MAC - or getting another inexpensive PC.

If we go 100%MAC - we will lose the windows portion. I really do not want windows if I go MAC all the way.

So - any pictures from the scrap book expo and beyond will be delayed until we can figure this mess out.....

As if I had a few thousand laying around to figure this out.........

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home