07 October 2006

Two weeks?

Wow it has been two weeks since I have posted. Duh... What is wrong with me.

I have been busy with school, work and classes that work sends me to. I have been busy catching up on sleep that I lack on a daily basis. I have been busy just trying to get through another day.

I do have things to post. Perhaps my lack of posting is in direct relationship to my overwhelming sense of remorse over reading other people's blog posts the past few weeks. (None of you on my blog list are in this group.)

Jesus said "I am the truth the way and the light, he who believes in me shall never die." Wait he was the prophet that did perform miracles, did reach out to those that most of us would cross the street to avoid - and is labeled in history as the single person who changed history. His writings and works can not be disputed. They aren't fiction - they are HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!

I take so much comfort in that especially since my mother just passed away. I am reassured that my mom gave her life whole heartedly to Jesus in her final months. My mom was raised in a church and was very legalistic in nature. A relationship with God was never formed until her final years. I understand that she accepted the baptism of the Holy Spirit in her final months as well. This knowledge gave me God's grace which sustained me through the funeral and weeks since.

I struggle bringing my dad back to God and pray for his salvation every day. I pray for my girls that they stay on the same road they are currently on. I mourn for my friends who have no clue and have no desire to even hear otherwise. I am inspired, encouraged and motivated by my friends that are seeking and have no clue they are seeking. Their mere questioning means their hearts and minds are open.

My dad, bless his heart, has been seeking and accepting. He has been going to church regularly (legalisticly speaking) but he has also been inquiring about the daily Psalm studies I have been sending him. Today the girls and I found a bible for him and can't wait to send it to him packed with treats and covered in our prayers that he may see what he needs to see when he starts reading.

The more encouraged I get with my dad's small baby steps the more discouraged I get over irrational, angry, ignorant, hot aired filled postings about Christians. Are people that afraid of Christians that they have to disect, nit pick and throw slander at them? Better question - is Satan so afraid of the move of God in our world currently that he is sucking souls deeper into hell to prevent God from working in new individuals?

I fear that my "unrelenting moralistic God driven children" will be persecuted beyond imagination when they finally reach voting age. I fear, that thier willingness to stand in front of God, be accepted by his Grace and realize eternal salvation will, in the future, mean their lives literally. Has the move of God gotten so strong that people are afraid there is truth behind our beliefs and that scares them? If so, I rejoice!

For now I sit in awe at the level of blind ignorance many of my friends sit in and lament their current eternal standing. How many more generations have to be raised to believe they came from nothing, will return to nothing and their life has no meaning here on earth? Suicide is through the roof, abortion is through the roof, STD's and complications/DEATH are through the roof, murder, crime and gang related rapes are through the roof! HELLO - what ever unbelief you have - IT IS NOT WORKING!!!!!!! We continue to spiral downward with this pluralistic/self actualization/athiestic viewpoint of our world. I pray more for my children and pray more for those whom lives I care for.

Jesus Camp - sign my girls up! Seriously - for those of you who sit in fear - GROW UP! Mass Media breeds ignorance. Media is skewed to promote a message, by the whomever's interest is behind the camera, to the audience it is intended for. Apparently you fell into that group of easily decieved and quickly motivated to persecute where it's not needed like robots in the third reich. And if I - a radical evangelistic christian - bug you - I MEAN TO BUG YOU! Jesus called us to be the salt and the light.

The phrase I so hated when I was where you were at (because I do not throw a judgemental glance towards you as you do me - Sadly I was there once too) I say to you because I know understand it -

I'll sincerely pray for you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I'll pray for your dad too, it is great that he is getting excited

4:38 AM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

amen sister. I am praying for your dad, and I applaud you for all u shared on your blog... amen and amen and amen...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your post today. Amen. Jesus is the only way to our salvation. So true. Dana

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home