15 August 2006

Well it happened......

It eventually had to happen right? My girls would eventually have to grow up enough to get on a train and travel to Michigan to visit Grammy and Grampy for a whole two weeks - by themselves - with Grammy. Right?

I know that it's the natural process of growing up and signs of more "get aways" without mom and dad - but it's still hard.

I got up at the wee hour of 0600 (for me that is EARLY) and carted their small suitcase of clothes, LARGE suitcase filled with American Girl Dolls, Build a Bear clothes (see their build a bears were in their arms) and American Girl doll clothes, a back pack of food and my weary hubby to Union station downtown.

I knew today was coming and I was suppose to be on the train with them - which I am not sure would have made it any easier - but it came suddenly FAST this AM. My hubby is on the train with them as I type - and I am sure they are having a GREAT time......

What does a mom do at this point? Go running.....

Yup - I went running. It felt good... I plan, with God's help, to run everyday they are gone - and hopefully be in the habit by the time they get back and I have to be more scheduled about my wherabouts.

What does one do AFTER running - why sit at the computer, eat a Krispy Kreme donut and knit while Blogger takes it's time posting! Okay - Krispy Kreme was a morning special at the train station - I couldn't pass it up. It's my comfort food for the day!

One bright star this week - my hubby and I are actually going to SCRAP NIGHT TOGETHER!!!!! Yup! With the girls away - we can BOTH go!!!!!!!

Alright - gotta run.......


I need to run off and take a shower so that I might look presentable at work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

I still can't believe ur hubby scraps with u.. .wow.. I can dream.. .my hubby isn't that interested..he figures I am obsessed... lol which I am!
hugs

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hint to your KSKS pal's identity... I'm in Michigan!;)

That is all... no more info;) pkg on it's way;)

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home