13 June 2006

Where in the world???? Springfield?????

So here we are in Springfield!

Where is Springfield? What is Springfield? Why is Springfield important???

I am not sure.....

Okay - if I can sit here - in Springfield and listen to constant comments again and again about "Chicago - the OTHER state" and "THOSE PEOPLE in THE OTHER STATE - Chicago" then I can question pringfield.



I was rather surprised at what little there is in Springfield. There is the Lincoln Musuem (in which they are VERY proud of - rightfully so). But that is about it. Downtown reminds me of St. Louis - some potential but falls short. The sidewalks are closing up at 1600 during the week and 1700 during the weekend. St Louis at least has the Cardinals and the Rams - but still the sidewalks roll up at 1700.

BEAUTIFUL small town Springfield is.... but not Chicago - THE OTHER STATE! LOL! Not getting the joke.

Had a blast tonight at the dinner at the Lincoln Library - took some pictures that I am not sure will get me arrested or not. Apparently (eventhough there are no signs stating NO PICTURES) you are not allowed to take pictures of this library. OOOPSE.

The conference is AWESOME. Love Bioterrorism and Disaster preparedness. Made may professional connections.... All in all - worth the trip even though I miss my girls.....

So here are the pictures that may get me in BIG BIG trouble......

In Springfield I have not idea what that means.... In the OTHER STATE - Chicago - may mean jail.....

These are REAL dresses from first ladies.... I took them for my daughter - so into fashion.....

REAL pieces of the times.... worn and used by the former first ladies!!!!

More dresses NATALIE!!!! Momma went to jail for these.......
The cigar looking box is MAKE UP!!!!!!!! Can you believe that? Mary Kay - move over - they had it already going on!!!!!

Most of the dresses were BEAUTIFUL! The exhibit of first ladies was awesome. We hear so much about the presidents we raraly hear about the first ladies. This really is a MUST see!!!!


AND in ALL honesty - Springfield is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Small town, small community. Not the OTHER State..... I think it is too easy to get wrapped up in the Chicago viewpoint of the world.

The Lincoln Library is Gorgeous! Really Springfield has that going on......

Till tomorrow everyone.... MADONNA PICTURES!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home