01 September 2005

Disaster Prayers

I just got to work (Work - I just had four lil girls at my place - didn't I already work?) and got this email from one of the mission students that stayed here at our church over the summer. (see Katie and Desiree') Both of them were down in Mississippi area when Hurricane Katrina hit. True to their character - they have risen to the occasion reaching out to those in need and planning a trip to help out in the heart of the disaster! Love these girls so much and just ask that you keep them in your prayers! Below is her email I just got!!! You can follow their blogs as well - see names on the right!!!

hello dear chicago family! i am terribly sorry that it has taken so long to respond to you. i am just now able to get online and check emails and what-not. the past few weeks have been incredibly crazy... after i got back from visiting my family in tx school slammed down on me...then i knew the storm was coming, but no one could have ever anticipated all this. i am a couple hundred miles from the coast and we were without power, my church is housing fleeing refugees from new orleans adn the coast, gas here is $3.09-$3.15. traveling is out of the question. i havent heard from several friends that i know went to school down on the coast. i saw some pictures of hattiesburg, where katie goes to school, it's not pretty. i wish i could get a hold of her. our cell phones still are not working. i hope your friends down here are safe. a group of us students here at our baptist student union are gearing up to head down to the coast to help with clean-up and volunteer our aid where needed! but like i said we have refugee camps in oxford where we are collecting items for the people and housing them in church gym's. i know that there isnt much that you guys can do but just pray. please keep MS & LA in your prayers. its so awful. also donate blood! there is SUCH A SHORTAGE, always a shortage, but i know that there are a lot of injured people and if you cant give your time or money, then give life! thank you so much for your prayers & concerns! there is a line to use the computers so i have to leave, but i love you all! send everyone my love and prayers!

-desiree


I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen,
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.-C.S. Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home