31 July 2005

One Year Anniversary

It's hard to believe that - as of a year ago today we officially moved to Chicago. Yup, I am living proof that there is life after moving!! Last year - I spent two and half almost three weeks being Amtrak's best friend back and forth between Chicago and Michigan - starting my new job and setting up a home here for the rest of my fam. Even now - when I walk by the hotels I bunked in - I get nauseated. But -- it was all worth it.

This weekend was the "Taste of Lincoln Park." Walking around today with my girls and hubby - I realized how quickly the year has gone AND how lucky we were to have moved here. A year ago our life was upside down and inside out (literally) and today we are rooted, grounded and flourishing as a family.


Lincoln Park Festival - Dancing
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
As evidenced here by the girls having a blast at the festival. I think - when I was taking this picture - I realized how blessed we were that God brought us here (be all that it may thru the desert around in a few circles a hundred times or so - but whose fault would that be - OURS.) I just know that today - I give thanks for landing here - and give thanks for the continued growth our family is experiencing - even with the growing pains, bumps and brusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home