28 July 2005

Cubs and American Dolls


Cubs Game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
So today - Nat had a "daddy daughter day" where she got to go to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. They were one of 5000 girls in the gates and Nat got a cubs uniform for her American Girl doll. I hear she gorged herself on junk food (the kind Mom would NEVER let her have) and had a blast flirting with a 14 year old boy sitting next to her (eeeeeeeeeeek).
I am thankful that he sets time aside for these "daddy daughter days." It's so important to them - especially as they grow into their teen years.


Cubs Game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
They had GREAT seats - aproximately four feet from a "foul ball" catch. Nat was a little upset Dad didn't leap across the fans and grab it out of the clutches of the person sitting behind them......


Cubs Game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
was this who she was flirting with?


cubs game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
hmmmmmmmmm some of the junk food busted on camera...........


cubs game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
I'm thinking that isn't a tofu dog...........


cubs game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
I can't believe she didn't gain five pounds.... the doll looks happy!!!! BTW - the Cubs lost....
And as a side note - Nat is not a "chemo child" be all that it may she looks like one.... I am a fanatic about sunscreen and hats. They bathe in a vat of sun screen before exiting the building daily..... I know I am freak....


cubs game
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
Thankfully - the field is within walking distance - or a quick El trip north. I guess the next game is a "Ro and Daddy" game. Ro was quite the pouter today staying home while Nat went. I don't think Rowan realizes how long a baseball game is AND that she has to sit still for it....


On a personal note - I DID NOTHING today and I AM PROUD OF IT! I feel so much better. I didn't clean (well picked up a little after Ro), no scrapbooking, no email, no bloggin (other than this), no reading - NOTHING. I feel very very very refreshed - as compared to yesterday.

Now back to reality......

1 Comments:

Blogger amazing grace said...

looks like they had a blast!!

My husband loves the Cubs and grew up going to games.....good memories and lots of hot dogs!

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home