29 July 2005

Six days of work and one day of rest....

Hmmmmmmmmmm - a day of rest..... I did that yesterday - LITERALLY. I did nothing. Today I feel so refreshed - eventhough I worked last night. I just got back from my best run yet - eventhough I worked last night. I am geeked to do some house work, scrapin and play time with the girls - even though I worked last night. (Did I mention I worked last night?)

I guess God was talking to me at our Bible study Wednesday night. We reviewed Exodus 22 (THE 10 Commandments) and we talked about keeping the Sabbath Holy.... I could go into more - but I hear the girls rustling around. Basically - we need one day of rest. One day of reflection, one day of worshiping God, praising him and thanking him.
I did that very thing yesterday and I feel so refreshed.

I ran 3 miles today - without walking - and felt great doing it. I took a leap of faith and signed up for the Nike "run hit wonder" 5K in Sept. Towards the end of the run I was listening to a new song by "Casting Crowns" Life Song (I love this single of their new album to be.... alot of U2/Cold Play undertones to it.)- and I felt this wonderful whisp of wind pushing at my back as the sun came creeping out of the clouds. It really gave me energy and I felt like God was giving me that last push to get to the end without walking.... Praise God!

Now to housework.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home