06 June 2005

You never stop learning

Okay - I am almost embarrassed to admit this - but I am going to BECAUSE I know that there is someone else out there who could benefit from this lesson. I have always - ALWAYS wanted to wear those cute little tank tops with the spaghetti straps (or is it the spaghetti strap tank tops? You get the picture). I took a long fashion stretch and bought two last week. As you know - from my "countdown" post we are going to Australia soon. While it is to be winter there - their winter is our current weather in Chicago right now. Plus - I wanted to wear them this summer around here - since the outdoors will be so much more of my life now that 2 to 3 hours a day is not sucked away into commuting. So - I get these two cute shirts from old navy (price was right). I go home an play with layering, different bras, and I am semi? impressed. More disappointed than impressed. Goodness here I sit Thirty Something (hello - don't go any further on that subject) and I have no idea how to wear this simple, ageless article of fashion. The problem - not the shirt. The problem - the boobs. Yes the breasts.... I am thinking - the person who designed these shirts was not aware that some women possess boobs greater than the C cup.
Lets just say - push up bra's are not in my dresser.

So - I breakdown and request help from a fellow "female" who was wearing a top today. She - as well - was thirty something (remember - don't go there). We were enjoying a nice lunch at the "Pig" on the balcony - in the sun. She took off her shirt she was wearing for class and exposed one of those cute adorable spaghetti tee's. I became instantly jealous - because - she too does not need to possess a push up bra. So - I inquire - a moment of weakness that I succumb to. She gave me some tips in relation to bras (colored - what a concept - so simple) and layering. Hey - here's an idea - a CAMESOLE (is that how you spell those?) under one? Okay - so I purchase two more cute lil tops and three different color cammies. I got home -and look at what I learned - HOW to WEAR these CUTE adorable LIL spaghetti strapped tees (or is it tees with spaghetti straps?).

I am just geeked.....

And see - I know that someone out there needs to possess this information on the sheer fact that.... As I was checking out I said to my mini-me - Nat - "Note to self dear, don't wait till your thirty-something to ask for fashion help." So the cashier says - you had to wait til you were thirty something to figure out how to wear this? And I said -hello fellow non-push up bra owner - do you know how to wear spaghetti strap tees (or tees with spaghetti straps for that matter). She replied - "well come to think of it - I don't. What are you going to do...." You see.... A little known fashion tip for those of us who boycott padded, push up, push in and push out bras.....

Just a note to self.... for future fashion issues....

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home