16 June 2005

What do you like???


Ro and I at a recent Art Fair. Rowan is participating in the musical entertainment. I wanted to post this picture because it is one of the rare ones of me that I like. I was going through my childhood pictures looking for pictures of my mother and I when I was a child. There were none. (Zip, Nada, nope -none there). That got me to look through what scrap books I have done and I saw very little pictures of me with my girls. So, I have started taking more pictures - when I am feeling good about myself. Then a friend of mine recommended this little technique that she used to get over her phobia of pictures of herself.

First - look at the picture objectively. Remove the fear of someone else seeing it and just look at it as if it wasn't you (this was a little hard for me).
Then - find at least ONE thing about the picture you like. For example - your outfit, your eyes, your hair, what you are doing in the photo......
Then - focus on that one or two points that you like about the photo and embrace that part.

It works - I am starting to get better with my photos and even having more photo ops with the girls. This is very important to me since I found none with me and my mom.

So with that said - this photo I actually liked for many reasons. Number one reason - despite the humidity and pms my hair remained normal, I don't look as fat as I usually look in photos (or as I feel) and Rowan just looks so darn adorable.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ro is adorable...give her and Natalie a BIG hug from me (Cat)...and you ALWAYS look beautiful! Love you!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home