30 June 2005

The longest seven days......

I just got through the longest seven days I have had in a while. I worked Thursday and Friday night (7p to 7A Thursday, 3P to 3A Friday), then Nights on Saturday, Days on Sunday, teaching on Monday, Monday 3P to 3A, Tuesday teaching (on days) and work 3P to 3A, then teach on days from 1000 to 1700 on Wednesday. Schew - just typing it makes me tired. I am working 16 hours today after a good nights sleep (greater than four hours) and it seems like a cake walk!!! I can't believe I made it thru the last few days - I only did it cause I was praying God would get me through it. It wasn't that bad actually. Praise God for getting me through it!!!!

I had little things motivate me along through the sludge of work and teaching. As I was journaling last night (before I physically shut down) I was reflecting on them. Any ordinary day, week, etc - they would be "nice." As I was reflecting - I clear saw them as diamonds in a coal pile of a week. Truely lil gifts from God.....

.... husband bringing me dinner to work on the days I barely had time to visit my bed between shifts ....

.... being allowed to leave work thirty minutes early the last two nights (that never happens)....

.... Little drawings from my girls to take to work with me....

.... unexpected lunch at work for my participant as a teacher (totally unexpected and needed since I barely had time for shower)....

.... A gift from my husband - (below) - HUGE surprise,


.... and the homemade card.....



.... Free Ice Cream at Starbucks when buying a Shaken Iced Tea.... (wow)

.... Late lunch with a dear friend from college who just happens to live here in Chicago....

.... Snuggle time with my girls (last night).... (Priceless)

For some odd reason - I feel TOTALLY refreshed today... ready for my cake walk of a sixteen hour shift... and packing to leave tomorrow! Praise God - for my stamina and energy! I literally - as busy as I have been - have kept to a praying cycle and journaling cycle... I honestly think I could not have done these past seven days without Him (and the lil things he provided)! (and of course help from Hubby and my girls!!!!)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's tooooo sweet!!!!!

Ty

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home