04 August 2007

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!

I am BACK.... how long has it been now? I shudder at the thought of looking at my last post date. I breezed by it when I logged on much like I breeze by the mirror when getting out of the shower each day. It is amazing, without any effort at all, how you can avoid looking at yourself in mirrors, windows and walls that reflect. But that is a tale for another time.....

Today marks the fourth day I have been childless.... well minus two children. The oldest child (who acts the youngest of the three), my dear husband, is still residing in our home. My two beautiful girls are off exploring Michigan with Grammy and Grampy. While I miss them terribly I have been quite productive while they have been gone.

Norm and I have been biking several double digit miles a day. I think my bike is in shock (I know my legs are). Today we spent four hours biking around Chicago, checking out the Harold Washington Library and hanging out on the lake. Something I noted while on the lake front.... baby strollers should be banned. No if ands or butts about it. They are dangerous for the kids and dangerous for those on the bike path.

I actually, gasp, (you may want to sit down for this one), created a scrap book. Yes Sesil - it's true. I sat down - pulled out stamps, adhesive, paper, card stock, ribbons, brads and vellum. I created a wedding album to give at a bridal shower. I would have pictures to post - but I finished it about four minutes before I headed out the door. You will just have to take my word for it!

Tomorrow - I plan on making a few cards. I know - it's a shock isn't it?


What else is new???????

Well - God sometimes throws surprises our way and sometimes he throws them in our lap. A few months ago I ventured into a deal that allowed me a discount on "scrapbooking supplies." While many of you salivate at that idea - I was only hoping it would motivate me to "SCRAP!"

It didn't......

Months went by and I didn't even look at the catalog much less the stack of magazines piling up in my "hang out" room.

Then - I was informed that - gasp - I needed to requalify in order to keep my discount. All was lost. I had no money to really re-qualify and had no time to work on a way to re-qualify. (a-ha just went off in many of your minds.....)

So - giving in to the every unrelenting advice from my friend Sandra, who introduced me to this in the first place, I had a workshop.

I invited everyone I know (with and email address) and low and behold four people showed up.

We lifted it up in prayer several days in advance and then - the most miraclous thing happened..... I made my re-qualification.

What does that mean? You will just have to go here to find out.

I am now, retiring to the couch with a book. That story too for another post.

It feels good to be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home