01 November 2006

I don't normally complain..... BUT

I rarely complain about poor service in a store. I rarely complain in restaurants (hard to believe huh?) However, after today - I was miffed. I think I was almost in tears in MACY's. Given my previous post on being in a Phunk - my hormones were blossuming - and the dissappointment welled up inside me as tears...... So without further ado....

DEAR MACY's (we never wanted you in Chicago anyways) and MAC;

I was treating myself to a whole new "Fall/Winter" look. I have been feeling BLAH and Phunky (and not in the chic sense of the word) and wanted to PERK myself up with this new look. I went to the MAC counter at 1100 on a Wednesday, 1 Nov, and was browsing through the make up for about 5 minutes (mind you I was only one in that area looking) when I was finally approached by indifferent staff and asked if I needed help (what a concept - didn't I look lost when I walked in - not to mention I had NO makeup on! YES I NEEDED HELP!) I asked if I could get a makeover because I wanted that new "fall/winter" look (listen up sales chick - that means MONEY!). I was told that I could if I could wait a few minutes. I was in agreement - no rush at that moment (I am not a complete moron - I realize that I might need to wait - however, let me remind you I was the only one in there!). I was then told I had to purchase a minimum of $40.00 and I said - again - no problem because I was looking for a whole new "fall/winter" look (hello - Mc Fly - anyone in there - WHOLE NEW LOOK = ChaCHING!). After waiting about 10 minutes I was asked to come back in 30 minutes because the other sales person wanted to take a lunch break (GEE - never come to my ED cause I WILL conveinently take a lunch break!). While I wanted a whole new look - I didn't want to wait 30 minutes and I had other errands to run that would have been delayed or impeded by this wait time. The sales staff were extremely rude, apathetic (apparently the whole new "fall/winter" look didn't send off bells of ChaChing) and indifferent to the fact that they were blowing me AS WELL AS MY SALE off. (BTW - chick with the long hair - too much eyeliner was applied today! Halloween was YESTERDAY!!!)

I did walk over to Sephora whose sales personnel approached me as I walked in the store. They seemed to make the time for my questions and offered me a free make over as well as many samples and a discount on my purchase. As I mentioned earlier I was interested in a completely new "fall/winter" look (chaching!). This could have been a rather large purchase of makeup. After the makeover (which, btw, was really quite nice) I was not pressured into buying ANYTHING - and was even offered other options if I did not like my colors. Hmph! Needless to say - I have the new "fall/winter" look that MACY's lost out on because of the indifferent and rude staff at the MAC counter.

Furthermore MACY'S and MAC, I was rather surprised (and disappointed) at how the MAC area looked. There were no customers at the time I was there (I previously mentioned this - but wanted to reinforce that because apparently you are slow on the uptake - remember the NEW FALL WINTER LOOK - ChaCHING!?) but the place was a disastor zone! The samples were disorganized and there were dirty applicators lying around.

I really am quite disappointed in both MACY's and MAC because I had higher expectations. I was very disappointed when Marshall Fields was bought out by MACY's. I have even been BOYCOTTING the store. I gave you a chance...... You BLEW it! (Think Pretty Woman - Julia Roberts.... yup you blew it!) Now I wonder if I will return to either MACY's or MAC to shop in the future.

Respectfully submitted,

A customer no more of yours!


Post note - this was sent to both MACY's and MAC. A nicer, more praise worthy email was sent to Sephora!

I rarely complain.... today just pushed me over the edge!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Always Faith said...

You go girl! I'm the same way....I'm a really nice person until ya push me too far. LOL. Hope the new purchases help make the phunky go away. *smiles*

6:04 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Great letter, those "Sales Associates" will be lucky if they don't get the axe. That was the most terrible excuse for service I have heard in a long time, but I am glad God led you to a place where you were treated properly and got a discount to boot.

9:22 AM  
Blogger mle said...

I'm proud of u for complaining as well as getting the "new" look.. so what is it and what do u look like???? How are u cause obviously we havne't talked in a while?????

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home