05 January 2007

Developmental Milestones

We all know them.....
  • first time your baby rolls over
  • smiles, crawls, walks
  • sleeps through the night....

Those we cheer and capture on film for the scrapbook, blog about and call all the relatives to notify them of what latest and greatest feat your child has accomplished....

Then you move on into the bigger milestones of growing up like....

  • completely through the night potty trained
  • losing a first tooth
  • first day of school
  • learning to ride the bike without training wheels......
  • first play date
  • first sleep over (where you didn't have to go get them at 11 o'clock at nite)
These you still cheer, maybe capture on film, definitely blog about.....

BUT you start to lament them as well. They are bitter sweet. "oh look how grown up she is....." and inside your heart is tearing apart because SHE IS GROWING UP!

Last night my baby girl.....


said to me "mom, I am so done with baths. I am all about showers." (now lets just dismiss the fact that she takes 45 minute long showers and leaves no hot water for anyone else in Chicago) I had to pause. Nat has been taking showers for a while now (and I still remember not too long ago her having to be talked into a quick shower as opposed to a long bath) but when she came to me with that statement as my littlest girl is splish splashing in the tub for her bath - I lamented.

They grow up sooooooooo fast.

I fear the bra, tampon talk and (GASP) dating game is not too far around the corner.........

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home